Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harleeblue31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 05:57 PM
    30 year old in-ground galvanized pool
    I have a old inground pool with galvanized walls and it has a wide metal lip all the way around. I would like to get rid of the walls and the lip but I'm not sure what's involved and how much its going to cost?? My liner is shot and the walls are rusted through in the corners I'm thinking up grade to concreat or just fix the walls and a new liner?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2013, 06:05 AM
    Depends on if you are in Bolivia or Long Island how much its going to cost.

You have the walls rulled out and sent to the scrapyars.. the lip can be taken out with a bobcat... and you will need enough clean fill dirt to fill the hole and be compacted...

Because ALL of those are variables we can't guess... you are going to have to get several local estimates from contractors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should my outtake on my above ground pool be shooting up,down, or in middle of pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Above ground pool water outtake should it be shooting to side, on top, on bottom, or somewhere in middle?

How do you know if a 30 year old in-ground pool is salvageable? [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of restoring an old farm house that comes complete with it's very own old in-ground concrete swimming pool. "Lucky us!" My husband says we should fill it in, but I have always wanted a pool. Although the water looks nasty, the walls surprisingly don't appear to have any...

Can I Use Galvanized Metal Conduit as the ground for a sub panel in same building? [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old 60 AMP circuit to a stove/oven receptacle. The home run from the main panel to the stove receptacle is in a 3/4" Galvanized Metal Conduit pipe containing 2, #6 and 1, #4 wires and NO GROUND wire. The new stove/oven requires only a 40 Amp breaker (not sure of the potential maximum Amp...

20 Year old 27' Above Ground Pool Suggestions [ 2 Answers ]

Last Year My wife and I were given a 27' above ground pool. This pool is at least 20 years old. We paid someone to put the pool up for us and ran into a few problems along the way. 1. The track around the pool was rusted and could not be used, no one in the area had a track to fit the vertical...

View more questions Search