Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1Dstolemyhrt Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2013, 08:14 AM
    How to stop thoughts of suicide
    Since December I have had lots of thoughts of killing myself. I know it's bad but it's all that I can think about. I know I've made a lot of mistakes. Those are some of the reasons for these thoughts. I have heard of people that did and I have always wondered if I did commit suicide that people would care.
    Zea Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Mar 31, 2013, 09:42 AM
    People would care if you commit suicide, so that is why, my friend, you are not going to do it.

You need counseling; don't hesitate to ask for help. Find help from a professional and don't be afraid to talk about your mistakes with him/her. Things can get better; don't give up on your life. I guess that you might be suffering from depression too, so if you can't do it by yourself, get a family member, a relative, or a friend to help you get that help you need from a professional.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 31, 2013, 09:46 AM
    Rather than concentrating on not thinking about suicide, try writing down some thoughts that happen when you do think about it.
    How old are you? I ask because you sound young in the 2 responses you made to other people. I think it's nice that you are willing to be helpful to others even when you are miserable. I also ask your age because of course we all make mistakes, and especially when we are young.
    As for wondering if anyone will care... you tell us who will probably care, starting with family, whether you get along with them or not.
    I suppose you have had fantasies about being at your own funeral, like Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn? Mark Twain wrote a good story about it.
    So... how about telling us the beginning of that list of thoughts or mistakes you made, or whatever you want?
    And how old you are?
    And who might care?

Mar 31, 2013, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Rather than concentrating on not thinking about suicide, try writing down some thoughts that happen when you do think about it.
    How old are you? I ask because you sound young in the 2 responses you made to other people. I think it's nice that you are willing to be helpful to others even when you are miserable. I also ask your age because of course we all make mistakes, and especially when we are young.
    As for wondering if anyone will care... you tell us who will probably care, starting with family, whether you get along with them or not.
    I suppose you have had fantasies about being at your own funeral, like Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn? Mark Twain wrote a good story about it.
    So... how about telling us the beginning of that list of thoughts or mistakes you made, or whatever you want?
    And how old you are?
    And who might care?

Why do you think he might be interested to share?

We are not psychologists; we can't ask and be able to analyze the situation thoroughly as psychologists do. Most importantly, it is not going to make him change his feelings, usually these things take months, or years of counseling.

Of course, I take it you care about, 1Dstolemyhrt, and I do too, but why not leave it to someone who can do it better than us? I am not trying to be rude, I just want, 1Dstolemyhrt, to get the best help he can get; that is what he deserves.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 10:26 AM
    Please don't ignore the help from non professionals. I have posted here lots and gotten help with my mental health issues. Yes I have gone to professionals as well. Joy's advice for journalling is very good. There is also a sticky at the top with different distractions that can help.

Mar 31, 2013, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    Please don't ignore the help from non professionals. I have posted here lots and gotten help with my mental health issues. Yes I have gone to professionals as well. Joy's advice for journalling is very good. There is also a sticky at the top with different distractions that can help.
    Okay, let's say that our advice can help, but don't you think these feelings will return when you are in despair? I said these things take time, I know because my dad had anger problems, and it did not disappear in one day or two, but years. If it is anger, or thoughts of suicide people use them as a solution for their problems, my friend.

What makes you even wait for a reply? We may not get any.

And of course we could help, but it won't be as effective as someone who has more knowledge about this than we.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 10:51 AM
    Zea I will not derail this thread as a person is in need of help. I would ask that you have the same respect for the OP as well.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Here is the sticky I was talking about. I just realized I should have posted it as at times it can be difficult to search out for information.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...ts-653654.html

Mar 31, 2013, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    Zea I will not derail this thread as a person is in need of help. I would ask that you have the same respect for the OP as well.
    I do respect the OP. I am like you here to help if I am able to.

Mar 31, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Hey, Mogrann.

There is one more thing, Mogrann, I know this is about the OP and I do respect him very much, but on your profile page you said that if you have a question about you, anyone can ask, right? Well, I have a question for you, but I am not going to ask you unless you give me permission, it might make you hate me, and I want you to know that it is not my purpose to bother you, because I do respect you.
    It is just that when I get curious I can't help being an idiot, it always puts me into trouble but because I am stubborn I never learn. So again, with all due respect to the OP, and you, if you want me to ask than say, yes, if you don't want me to, than ignore this and don't reply.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 31, 2013, 02:11 PM
    'People would care if you commit suicide, so that is why, my friend, you are not going to do it.'
    To then say we are not psychologists after you have just made a blanket statement of 'fact' that isn't a fact at all - what the heck? To tell someone he or she 'isn't going to do it' is very irresponsible. It alienates ('but you don't know what is going on in my head at all, etc'), and attempts to know more than the person who may actually be very close to doing it. It's smug. It's also statistically very, very wrong.

Also please don't call a very depressed person your friend. It may seem harmless and friendly to you, but it can also be construed as patronizing, and in the context you used it, it sure sounded that way to me.

Someone is committing suicide about every 40 SECONDS.
    (source: International Suicide Statistics - Suicide.org!)

ANYWAY, back to the question:
    I asked 3 very easy questions to answer or not as he or she wishes. I hope.

Mar 31, 2013, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    'People would care if you commit suicide, so that is why, my friend, you are not going to do it.'
    To then say we are not psychologists after you have just made a blanket statement of 'fact' that isn't a fact at all - what the heck? To tell someone he or she 'isn't going to do it' is very irresponsible. It alienates ('but you don't know what is going on in my head at all, etc'), and attempts to know more than the person who may actually be very close to doing it. It's smug. It's also statistically very, very wrong.

Also please don't call a very depressed person your friend. It may seem harmless and friendly to you, but it can also be construed as patronizing, and in the context you used it, it sure sounded that way to me.

Someone is committing suicide about every 40 SECONDS.
    (source: International Suicide Statistics - Suicide.org!)

ANYWAY, back to the question:
    I asked 3 very easy questions to answer or not as he or she wishes. I hope.

You are right. I made a huge mistake, and I hope you all try to forgive me. After I read your comment, I am not going to deny, my comments were useless, and if there was a way I could delete them I would. I get now, that our comments do make a difference, and I promise, I will stay out of your way.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2013, 07:19 PM
    Zea, you continue to derail threads and give advice which is not thought through. You are disrespectful on any number of levels. I find it totally inappropriate for you to be posting in adult boards, answering questions about sex, marital relationships and the like when you are in your third year of high school.

I refer to - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ck-741477.html

Sorry, Mogramm, if I’m highjacking, but this is another case of someone keeps insulting the “regulars” and admits she gets overexcited and doesn’t hear what other people say.

Teens belong on teen boards - advice on sex, divorce, from a 16 year old? Preposterous.

Note that it always comes down to doing exactly what she wants, saying what she wants to say, causing threads to be closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A guy who is afraid of dying tries to stop a woman committing suicide [ 0 Answers ]

At the beginning this man see's a fortune teller and she tells him he is going to die in the future. So he becomes very cautious and has bubble wrap all around his apartment and like a life supply of life water. He then meets a girl, who I think she lives on the edge and she tries to get him out of...

Constant recurring thoughts.can't stop thinking about it [ 31 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old straight male. 4 years ago I had a same-sex experience. I felt bad for doing it but never really dwelled on it. I realized I had made a mistake and never went back to doing that again. I remain friends with the guy to this day. We never brought it back up. We continued to...

Suicide thoughts [ 43 Answers ]

Keep having suicide thoughts, tried before, took 50 ibuprofen tablets and ended up in hospital. Things just keep getting worse and I really don't have a reason to live. Also don't have anyone to talk too about problems.

How can I stop these thoughts.. [ 8 Answers ]

There's a girl I've met long time ago (know her for a year now), she's like a "friend" hanging out with us (all the other friends) when going out on fridays, etc... Since the first time I saw her I had strongs feeling to her and I couldn't stop thinking of her anytime, anyday... it was going...

Can you have someone committed for depression and thoughts of suicide [ 6 Answers ]

How can you have someone committed into a hospital for depression and thoughts of suicide? She has lost her kids, her boyfriend beats her every other day and she blames family for all that has gone wrong. Won't admit to police about boyfriend and now says she is going to kill herself by the 20th of...

View more questions Search