Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hal07 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2013, 08:37 PM
    My hip
    I am 15 years old. 113 pounds and my hip has been hurting for the past three weeks, and I don't know why? Evertime I walk/run it hurts. Also when its in one spot for a long time it make my whole leg fall asleep. I need answers why??

>Merged Threads<
    CLew50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2013, 10:12 AM
    Ciatica? A nerve problem that sends a shooting pain down your leg with each step you take. Usually only on one side. Look for ciatic nerve or maybe sciatic nerve?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 2, 2013, 11:09 AM
    WHERE exactly on hip?
    Are you a regular runner?

Apr 2, 2013, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    WHERE exactly on hip?
    Are you a regular runner?
    Kind of near the top and yes I am I workout everyday... I do weight room things and I'm a competitive swimmer!

May 22, 2013, 02:17 PM
    My hip
    I am 15 years old 113 pounds and my right hip has been hurting for almost 3 months. The pain is like a 6 or 7 out of 10 and now it hurt on the right side of my lower back! The pain gets worse every time I workout ( everyday ) especially when I run. I am a competitive swimmer and I have been trying to not kick as much and just use my arms for the past 2 week... But it's not really helping... What should I do? Please help!! :/
    current pert

May 22, 2013, 02:56 PM
    You are a minor so what have your parents said?
    My first concern would be where you run. If not on a track specifically for running, you are bound for trouble. Most roads, for instance, are sloped down on the sides and runners are jarring their entire body from the uneven height when each foot hits the ground.

Other than that, there are too many possible reasons. Sports related would be considered first unless you show other symptoms, such as around the appendix, ovary, femoral canal (hernia), etc.

It would seem prudent to me to quit strenuous sports to see if this goes away with warm baths and heating pads and something gentle for exercise, like swimming but not in competition.

Your parents should take you to a doctor, don't you agree?

May 22, 2013, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You are a minor so what have your parents said?
    My first concern would be where you run. If not on a track specifically for running, you are bound for trouble. Most roads, for instance, are sloped down on the sides and runners are jarring their entire body from the uneven height when each foot hits the ground.

Other than that, there are too many possible reasons. Sports related would be considered first unless you show other symptoms, such as around the appendix, ovary, femoral canal (hernia), etc.

It would seem prudent to me to quit strenuous sports to see if this goes away with warm baths and heating pads and something gentle for exercise, like swimming but not in competition.

Your parents should take you to a doctor, don't you agree?
    I agree... But my parents don't know what kind if doctor to take me to! :/
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2013, 07:57 PM
    They would take you to an osteopathic doctor. They are bone doctors.

May 22, 2013, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    They would take you to an osteopathic doctor. They are bone doctors.
    Should I get any tests done?

May 22, 2013, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hal07 View Post
    I agree... But my parents don't know what kind if doctor to take me to!!:/
    Should I get any tests done!
    current pert

May 23, 2013, 12:19 AM
    Tests will be determined at the doctor visit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hip dermals [ 2 Answers ]

If you have hip dermals and get pregnant, do you have to take them out? Or will your growing belly not bother with them?

14, 7/10 pain in hip [ 1 Answers ]

I am 14 and I am feeling pain in my hip. My hip hurt after I ran to give the mail man bills, and it has not calmed. Moving causes pain. What do you think is causing me so much pain? Do you have to have a broken bone before you can get arthritis? The pain is a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

Hip Pain [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in a lot of hip pain. What can he do, until he goes to the doctor? :confused:

Downsizing my hip [ 3 Answers ]

I think my hip is very big for my body. I am 24 and that's not good for me. How can I downsize my hip?

View more questions Search