Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbby24 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2013, 02:45 PM
    Swollen ankle
    My daughters ankle got swollen and bruised because of sneakers to tight on her ankle and at first she was letting me put ice but now she is so its going down and the skin is a little hard and bumpy but it doesn't hurt just ich should I bring her to the hospital?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 30, 2013, 02:56 PM
    How old is she and why are you letting her make decisions about too tight sneakers and when to refuse ice?
    No, this is not an ER need, especially on a Saturday night. She should have a regular doctor, and you call the office on Monday morning. And yes, you put ice on a swelling, and no, you don't let her wear the sneakers.

Mar 30, 2013, 03:03 PM
    First of I'm not letting her decide to were tight shoes they were new and she didn't tell me they were to tight and I never noticed until a couple of days later because it got swollen... then when I put the ice on it she would scream and cry because I was using a wet towel wit ice in it then I went out and got a ice pack and that was more suitable for her there's no need for you to question anything that doesn't have to do wit my question
    By the way she's 4
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 30, 2013, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbby24 View Post
    theres no need for u to question anything that doesnt have to do wit my question
    If you don't want questions, please give us as much detail in your original post as possible. Don't drag out the details and make us ask. And please use the best possible English and spelling, which means no texting, please.

We didn't know why the shoes are tight, why she is screaming, and how old she is.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 30, 2013, 03:14 PM
    Now all of this has scared the OP away.

Mar 30, 2013, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If you don't want questions, please give us as much detail in your original post as possible. Don't drag out the details and make us ask. And please use the best possible English and spelling, whicIh means no texting, please.
    well this is my first time ever using this website so I understand that but the question could have been asked in a different way

Mar 30, 2013, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If you don't want questions, please give us as much detail in your original post as possible. Don't drag out the details and make us ask. And please use the best possible English and spelling, which means no texting, please.

We didn't know why the shoes are tight, why she is screaming, and how old she is.
    She was screaming over the ice because it was to cold but once I w used the icepack it was perfect temp for her
    Expert

Mar 30, 2013, 03:17 PM
    Starry, massage the ankle with olive oil to lubricate the skin, keep an eye on it. You stated swelling has gone down, right? If not keep applying cold compress and if it doesn't improve In 24 hours, take her to the hospital.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 30, 2013, 04:57 PM
    It has been a tough week for medical questions that provide far too little information. I don't apologize for expecting people to give the most basic information, such as age.

I also am on something of a crusade to stop people from using ERs as substitutes for personal or family physicians. All it does is drive up the already extremely seriously overtaxed health care costs in the US (unless of course you were planning on paying a minimum of about $800 just to be seen). And if it isn't a real emergency, you will wait and wait and get lousy care anyway.
    Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 02:37 AM
    Point taken. I sometimes forget it isn't as easy down there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I break my ankle or did I just sprain my ankle? [ 19 Answers ]

At my school we went on a field trip to clean up a giant nature park ( it's an small island) long story short I triped on a rock (super smooth I know) and I heard a little crack or a pop I could really tell but then my ankle got kind of swollen and it hurt to walk so I had to use one of my friends...

What should I do about a sore, swollen ankle? [ 0 Answers ]

I recently began running about a month ago. I used to run track in high school, but it has been a few years. In high school I ran sprints and so my body is more used to running on the balls of my feet rather than from heal to toe. Now I am running to get ready for a 5k and my ankle recently started...

My ankle is hurts sometimes &is still swollen. [ 1 Answers ]

I sprained my ankle about 5 months ago, I was just running &fell on it wrong. I stayed off it for about 2 days, and it stayed wrapped &i iced it a lot. Then I went back to school. My ankle eventually stopped hurting but now it hurts if I move it the wrong way or if I cross my legs &sit on it. It...

How long does a swollen ankle take to heal? [ 3 Answers ]

Friday November 26th 2010 , I was warming up for gym class, and we were playing volleyball, and after we either spiked or volleyed it over the net we had to go run to get it, so I did, and as I was running ( this sounds funny but it was painful) as I was running I tripped over my own foot, and now...

Painful foot and ankle rash. So swollen I can't even walk. [ 2 Answers ]

I am so freaked out. Yesterday morning my feet, ankles and lower legs broke out into a red, itchy flat almost hive looking in one spot and bumpy in other spots rash. It's not on the bottoms of my feet, but everywhere else on feet and ankles. As it gets higher it spread out in random spots of...

View more questions Search