Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fionavn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2013, 04:54 AM
    Problem with shocking of appliances
    In my kitchen I have a double plug. In plug 1 is my Samsung double door fridge and freezer.
    In plug 2 I have a multy plug with 3 appliances plugged in -
    1 a dishwasher, to a washing machine and 3 a tumble dryer. Sometimes when I open the door of the dishwasher I get a small shock from the inside metal covering of the door, the same will happen when I move the fridge to clean behind it. I get a small shock from the panel covering the element.
    I used to be able to run both the tumble dryer and washing machine together, but since the dishwasher has been installed I can no longer do that. Sometimes the tumble dryer will also trip even when it is being used on its own.
    What is going on?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2013, 05:45 AM
    Did You say you have a dishwasher, washer and dryer on one power strip/circuit? Are you in the US?
    If you are allowed those 3 on one circuit in Your Country, sounds like the dryer may be the culprit, the hot may be making contact with ground(Making it live And tripping the breaker.
    Try to place a meter where you are getting shocked from, unplug each appliance, when the voltage is gone, that appliance is likely the cause.
    Dishwasher pinching any wiring?
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2013, 05:46 AM
    You may have a grounding problem to cause the shocks, or a failing appliance...
    You have likely overloaded the circuit with all that plugged into one outlet. The tripping circuit can be cured by installing dedicated circuits for all these appliances...
    Otherwise never run more than one appliance at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool Shocking [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 20 x 40 liner pool. It has a SWG. When the SWG starts to make chlorine (light comes on) you can feel a mild electrical shock while standing in the pool and touching the wet concrete. I am getting a voltage reading of 3.2 volts. I can cut the SWG breaker off and voltage goes to zero. ...

Brown water after shocking my well [ 1 Answers ]

I have the same issue, but it's been about week and a half and the water is still a light brown colour. The water was not this bad in colour before I shocked it.

Shocking switchplate [ 59 Answers ]

SCENARIO: A guest was leaving after visiting our pool. He claimed to have "gotten a little jolt" from my mudroom lightswitch. The next day I could not replicate the shock on myself... perhaps he was wet (?)... so I perfromed a series of tests with my digital multimeter. I recorded the results...

Brown water after shocking my well [ 7 Answers ]

I had to shock my well because of the "rotten egg" smell and now my water is Brown. How do I fix this?

On A Lighter Topic... Get it? Shocking! [ 19 Answers ]

Ok, I am in a weird mood. Let's lighten this forum up a bit. It is going to be a long winter, except maybe for Stratmando. Does it get chilly down there in Key West? Say, maybe even down to 70? Poor baby. I would send you a sweater, but it was +5 deg here last week. Even though it was 50...

View more questions Search