Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielleguise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2013, 02:26 AM
    Cartilage Piercings
    I got my upper cartilage pierced with 2 earrings, using a gun, about 2 weeks ago. This morning I woke to find it very sore, swollen and red. I changed the earrings to keepers (to allow room for swelling) and have been soaking my ear in a salt solution all day, on and off for 5-10 minutes at a time. It is still swollen, red and sore. What should I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2013, 03:09 AM
    I hope you washed everything well before and after inserting the keepers. The keepers should have been cleaned in alcohol before inserting in the fresh 'wound'. And of course, clean hands while doing so. Otherwise you are transferring infectious germs to your piercing therefore setting them up for soreness and redness.

I would just keep doing what you are doing with the salt water because now you can't take the keepers out without creating more bacteria.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercings [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I got my cartilage piercings about 2 months ago. I got 2 done on the same ear at the same time. It looked like they were both healing correctly. I have been cleaning them both properly. The one on top is healing normally but the one below it is swollen and the stud has sunken in. What...

Cartilage piercings [ 1 Answers ]

How long before I can change the earring?

Cartilage piercings [ 0 Answers ]

I start basketball in September and I need to know if I take my upper cartilage piercing out for 1-2 hours I it will close. Oh and I got the piercing on June 2nd(:

Cartilage piercings [ 2 Answers ]

so im getting my ears pierced righttoday and i want to get 2 earrings on my bottom and 2 at the top. how badly will it hurt if i get them done in the same day and which is a better method the gun or needle? please help! :confused:

Where exactly do cartilage piercings go through? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow and I'm a bit anxious. A friend of mine told me they deliberately miss the cartilage and just go through the fleshy-skin part above the cartilage... contrary to what I've heard. Is she right or not and where exactly does the piercing go through?

View more questions Search