Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpet713 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Terminate parental rights
    I have a child who has never had contact with her father. He left me when I was 5 weeks pregnant. I want to know what I need to do to terminate parental rights in Texas.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 02:48 PM
    You need to get him to voluntarily sign over his rights. But he will still be responsible for child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to terminate my parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know how to terminate my parental rights to my kids who hate me and refuse to visit .

Terminate parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

My son who is 15, used to live with me and my wife. I had physical custody. He became violent and disruptive and very hard to handle. My exwife moved him in with her for a while, but he also got into trouble there. To make a long story short,he now lives with my ex brother in law and he now has...

Terminate paternal rights [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter's biological father was in and out of her life and child support was never paid. When she was 14 years old (she is almost 16 now) her father called and asked if she could come to his and his parents home in the next state over for thanksgiving. There was to be a special trip to...

Dyfs wants to terminate my parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: I need to find out if anyone is familiar with this subject... in NJ.. Need advice ASAP!! 5 Children and 1 is a newborn!! Have comleted all services in 13 months that dyfs has given us * parenting * counseling * family counseling * Indivual counseling My husband completed a...

Terminate fathers rights [ 3 Answers ]

I am the maternal grandmother and I have custody of my grandaughter since 2003 while her father was incarcerated. He got out in 2005 and because I asked for child support he went to court and asked for visitation and custody. We have been back and forth in court since march, 2006 and he has since...

View more questions Search