Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bim1er Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2013, 10:33 PM
    Why do people rub their nose whenever they look at me?
    For about a year or maybe a bit longer, people have begun to rub their nose whenever they look at me. I'm not sure what it is, at first I would think it was something on my nose but then later I realized even if my nose is spotless, people would begin rubbing, itching, picking you name it. I noticed that I have a lot of small pimples on my nose and when I squeeze them white stuff would come out, so I presumed they were whiteheads. I also have like dark marks running down along the side of my nose. The most weirdest part is that my family members don't have a problem, my girlfriend does not and my close friends as well. It's just random people on the streets that do. Please do help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2013, 05:13 AM
    You are overthinking this... the average person touches their face over 5,000 times a day.

Mar 28, 2013, 08:30 PM
    Really? But I mean they glare and rub their nose. It has to be something...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 08:47 PM
    No, it has nothing to do with you. Sit at a mall and watch people and how often they touch their faces. You are obsessing over something that is not connected to you.

Mar 28, 2013, 08:53 PM
    So that's it? All in my head?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bim1er View Post
    So thats it? All in my head?
    Yes.

Mar 28, 2013, 09:11 PM
    I just don't get it. Mmhh thanks for the advice though.
    mickey007 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2013, 03:48 PM
    I don't think it's all in your head. If you have pimples or marks on your nose, that may be cause of their actions, which they may not even be aware of. Don't squeeze or pop your pimples. You'll only make it worse and risk having more of them or scars. Instead, if it won't cost you much, make an appointment with your family doctor for a regular checkup if you haven't already. After your regular checkup, ask what the pimples might be caused by and what you can take to remove them.

Meanwhile, head to the pharmacy or drug store and find a good pimple cream. Don't touch your pimples, rub them, or pop them. Only use a clean cloth or clean hands when putting on any pimple cream.

Other than that, even if it may seem difficult, don't feel self-conscious. Everyone gets blemishes on their face at some point in their life. I've always had clear skin and most people don't believe me when I say this, but I've had serious issues with my face at certain points in my life. The worst thing you can do is to feel badly about yourself or self-conscious. Just remember that everyone gets some sort of blemishes and that they don't define a person. Also, take proper care of your blemishes and enjoy life. Best to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 29, 2013, 04:20 PM
    I bet they are not even noticing you, but you are noticing them. It's a quirk that makes you look for it, and find it. Its like you never notice certain cars until you get one, then you see your car everywhere.

It's a reaction to being self conscious about your own flaws.

Apr 4, 2013, 08:54 AM
    Well thank you all for your help. Really appreciate it.
    kaylagirl Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2013, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bim1er View Post
    Well thank you all for your help. Really appreciate it.
    Are you still having the same problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

People rub their noses around me -- why? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am having the same problem. What's up with this? I do t think it's bad breadth. My family even rubs/touches their nose when I talk.

Why do people rub their nose at me and stare at me with disgust? Please help. [ 27 Answers ]

I'm 22 years old an I've notice that everywhere I go people rub their noses at me and sniffle. As well as stare at me with disgust . Ugh its driving me nuts I look in the mirror and don't see anything. As my family they say they don't see anything wrong.but they do it to me as well. I see and hear...

People always rub their nose around me and I can't figure out why! [ 9 Answers ]

For the last 3 and a half months people have treated me differently, like I have something on my nose. They itch their nose, play with their nose and look at me weird. Ill walk by someone and they will look at me like I have a deformity or something and itch their nose. I have tried everything from...

People rub their nose around me? HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... Ive been addicted to weed for about a couple of months. I used to smoke everyday throughout my whole junior year of high school. I quit smoking on July 16th 2010. And ever since then I've noticed something weird. Every time I breathe people rub their nose. Like I could be 20 feet away and...

I usually speak through nose, people can't able to get what I say. [ 3 Answers ]

If any wan't to suggest me to my problem, *** personal email deleted as it is against site policy for off board contact

View more questions Search