Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Mar 26, 2013, 03:08 PM
    What are some two year degress that tend to lead to good careers?
    I make good money at a job that is MISERABLE and is a dead end and I'd like to go to school but only for a two year degree to save time and money. Which course(s) tend to lead to good careers? I've heard good things about accounting, radiology and paralegal.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2013, 03:16 PM
    It depends on the area in which you live and which professions are licensed. In my area Paralegals need a 4-year degree because there is a lot of competition for jobs.

I think career choices should be made on your interests and skills, not on monetary issues.

Mar 26, 2013, 03:28 PM
    Skill wise, the only thing I'm knowledgeable about is philosophy and psychology and that field is quite narrow. Career choices need to be made on monetary issues and practicality. I don't view it as practical to go to school for a FOUR YEAR degree, put myself thousands upon thousands in debt and MAYBE get a job. I know a girl who has a Bachelor's in Environmental Science... She currently works at Rolls Royce making 12.50 an hour and her's isn't the only case I've heard like that.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2013, 03:41 PM
    I know Attorneys who are working as legal secretaries.

I think picking a career based on money will contribute to your current unhappiness.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 26, 2013, 03:42 PM
    Health care will remain a generally good field as we have more and more older people.
    So I'd say radiology.
    Accounting is something you have to have a knack for first, and a liking of. There is no margin of error day in and day out. Unless you stay a low level clerk forever, doing one tedious aspect of accounting with lots of people above you for checks and balances of mistakes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2013, 03:50 PM
    You need to find a career that is something you like, your choices are only based on money, I used to be one of the most successful people and had all that money provided, but was never happy.

Mar 26, 2013, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You need to find a career that is something you like, your choices are only based on money, I used to be one of the most successful people and had all that money provided, but was never happy.
    What job were you in that was making you so unhappy if you don't mind me asking? For me the aim isn't to find something I LIKE (that's a bit too optimistic and unrealistic) it is to simply find something I DON'T HATE. In other words something I can tolerate.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2013, 04:22 PM
    Many community colleges have certificate programs too, so maybe a 15-month vocational training program in some area of health care, such as radiation tech. That seems to be on the cutting edge in oncology with Cyber Knife and radiation seeds and nuclear medicine. You can always add onto your education with more advanced degrees.

Radiologic technologist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Occupational Outlook Handbook -- Radiation Therapists

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Singing careers for 13 year olds [ 4 Answers ]

Hi well I am 12 (almost 13) and I really want to be a singer! Everyone that I know says I have a beautiful voice... but really I live in a tiny tiny tiny town. I really want to get noticed but how? I was thinking about kids bop tryouts or the voice mabey even x factor but I don't know help!

How to train a 10-11 year old dog to walk on a lead. [ 1 Answers ]

The dog is showing signs of having a cataract as he doesn't see very well sometimes. He refuses to go on a lead at any time. He is a very sensitive dog and is unhappy if the Owner raises her voice. Owner would like to get him lead trained - how could this be done?

What's the cheapest good lead detection equipment for water supplies [ 4 Answers ]

Would like to be able to test the lead levels in different water sources (home, work, school, friends... ) And willing to pay for it Wondering which machine/test stripe should I buy?

Which Lead Acide battery is good for my UPS (Inverter) of 600 Watts [ 2 Answers ]

I have a UPS(Inverter) of 600 Watt from which I am running 4 fans (60 Watt each) and 10 energy saver bulbs (13Watt each). 2 Lead Acid batteries (used in cars) of 12volts 60Amp and 65Amp each are connected in parallel. After 3 months the UPS kept on charging batteries and 1 of the batteries (65Amp)...

View more questions Search