Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2013, 02:47 PM
    It's come to this - Rev. 2
    Time to move past the election thread and start anew...

More People Have Cell Phones Than Toilets, U.N. Study Shows

On the eve of World Water Day last week, the United Nations offered a sobering statistic: according to its recent study, more people on Earth have access to cell phones than toilets.

Out of the world’s estimated 7 billion people, six billion have access to mobile phones. Far fewer — only 4.5 billion people — have access to working toilets. Of the 2.5 billion who don’t have proper sanitation, 1.1 billion defecate in the open, according to the study.
    Priorities?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Another useless UN study, well I knew they talked Shlt there but to actually study it?
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2013, 03:32 PM
    Well, if not sh!t then what?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2013, 03:45 PM
    They could study something useful like better distribution of water
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2013, 07:32 AM
    Hello Steve:

It's come to THIS?? CPAC attendee DEFENDS slavery: It Gave 'Food And Shelter' to blacks.

Who knew it was that good?

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2013, 07:39 AM
    What did he do ? Save empty bottles to get the money for his admission ticket ? Who is this guy ? What elected position does he hold ? How is he anyone of prominence who I would care about ? There are morons everywhere .
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2013, 07:46 AM
    I thought you hated when people picked one wacko out of the crowd to use as a poster child?

I disagree with TP's assessment, I didn't hear people cheering and applauding the idiot, the looks on their faces was OMG! Not "you go, dude!" By the way, interesting that TP would choose that as their assessment of CPAC and not the fact that it was quite diverse.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2013, 08:39 AM
    You know that college class that had "stomp on Jesus" activity tom mentioned? It was a "intercultural communications" class. No, seriously.

I don't know about you but I can't think of a better way to foster "intercultural communications" than to stomp on some culture's most cherished figure. Imagine a little "stomp on Mohammed" fun...
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Even though the school has apologized ,that didn't stop them from disciplining the student who refused.
    University Takes Action to Punish Student | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2013, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    You know that college class that had "stomp on Jesus" activity tom mentioned? It was a "intercultural communications" class. No, seriously.

I don't know about you but I can't think of a better way to foster "intercultural communications" than to stomp on some culture's most cherished figure. Imagine a little "stomp on Mohammed" fun...
    But when you couch it in terms like 'intercultural competence' or cross culture competence (3C) ,then "stomp on Jesus" is just diversity training .
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2013, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Even though the school has apologized ,that didn't stop them from disciplining the student who refused.
    University Takes Action to Punish Student | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Apparently complaining about the assignment violated the university's "speech code."

Stomping on Jesus is protected speech, complaining about stomping on Jesus apparently isn't. You just can't make this stuff up.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2013, 06:32 AM
    No wonder there's a disconnect between left and right when it comes to racism, Chris Matthews has schooled us on the definition.

Rev. Luis León presided over Easter Sunday services attended by President Obama recently, and has taken fire from the right for suggesting that racial hatred lurks in the hearts of conservatives.

During his radio show, Limbaugh agreed with a caller who suggested that León was merely following the president’s lead in accusing the right of latent racism.

“Actually, Rushbo, racism is the belief that one race – whites — should rule all others,” Matthews confidently declared. “Get your definitions straight.”
    Actually Chris, you're a moron.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2013, 06:49 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I don't know.. I was watching my FAV, the Five on Fox, yesterday when the right wingers got really pissed that Obama went to church where the preacher had the audacity to accuse the right wing of perpetrating a war on women...

No, they were REALLY pissed, and righteous too. Then they moved on to Google, who yesterday honored Cesar Chavez. Oh, man! That pissed them off even more, so they called Cesar Chavez a communist.

Some of you won't get the hypocrisy, because you too are pissed off at Obama for going to a church like that, and of course Chavez was a commie.

Others of us will.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2013, 07:09 AM
    The first question is do you agree with Matthews definition? If so, you're a moron, too.

Secondly, we have every right to be pi$$ed at anything related to this contemptible "war on women" bullsh!t. Seriously ex, we've had enough of the empty rhetoric about the two sides coming together when your side is all about keeping us divided, by race, gender, class, you name it - whatever works at the moment.

Fox I'm sure picked up on others being pi$$ed about Google honoring Chavez on Easter because they apparently wanted to honor someone who influenced others. If you can't see the irony in that I can't help you. I really don't care because that's Google for you, but you got to admit it's rather tone deaf to put a Doodle up for Chavez on Easter Sunday. I'd have to see the quotes where they called hi ma communist before I can comment on that, you tend to embellish.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2013, 07:20 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

It was that broad, Tantaros. She called him a commie just before they started talking about Chavez. I don't know if it'll be on the clip here. I'm not going to watch the whole thing again...

I embellish? Nahhh... If I tell you something, you can take it to the bank.

I have NO idea why honoring Chavez on Easter is inappropriate... Enlighten me.

excon

PS> I don't agree with Mathews.. I also don't agree with the right wing.. You can talk ABOUT racism WITHOUT being a racist.. Here's an example.. Joe Biden, talking to black people, said the right wing is going to "put you in chains", or something like that.. HE was accused of being a racist for SAYING that... In fact, I'm not sure YOU weren't one of the accusers..

Biden's statement, however, was anything BUT, racist. ANYTHING!
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

It was that broad, Tantaros. She called him a commie just before they started talking about Chavez. I don't know if it'll be on the clip here. I'm not going to watch the whole thing again...

I embellish? Nahhh... If I tell you something, you can take it to the bank.
    Sorry, I don't have time to find your quote, you need to find it for me.

I have NO idea why honoring Chavez on Easter is inappropriate... Enlighten me.
    The words I used were "tone deaf." But like I said I don't expect anything better from Google and if they want to risk pi$$ing off 2 billion Christians that's their business.

PS> I don't agree with Mathews.. I also don't agree with the right wing.. You can talk ABOUT racism WITHOUT being a racist.. Here's an example.. Joe Biden, talking to black people, said the right wing is going to "put you in chains", or something like that.. HE was accused of being a racist for SAYING that... In fact, I'm not sure YOU weren't one of the accusers..

Biden's statement, however, was anything BUT, racist. ANYTHING!
    No, he was accusing US of being racist. Surely you know the difference.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2013, 08:20 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

No, he was accusing US of being racist. Surely you know the difference.
    Yes, he was.. Is it racist to accuse someone of racism?? I don't think it is?

Do I think he was accurate? Let me see... You don't want 'em LITERALLY in the back of the bus... But, since the LONG, LONG lines of black voters didn't discourage them from voting in the last election, 30 Republican controlled state legislatures are making it HARDER for black people to vote in the next election... That'll metaphorically, put 'em in the back of the bus, all right.. Yessiree, Bob.

Excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2013, 08:33 AM
    When you are herding cattle on the prairie every day all day a cell phone would be a priority not a toilet. You should know that because all Texans do.

What you think farmers and ranchers leave the field to go home and crap? You really do need to get out more.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2013, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

Yes, he was.. Is it racist to accuse someone of racism?? I don't think it is?
    I'm quite certain what Biden was charged with was race baiting or playing the race card. That would entirely accurate/

Do I think he was accurate? Let me see... You don't want 'em LITERALLY in the back of the bus... But, since the LONG, LONG lines of black voters didn't discourage them from voting in the last election, 30 Republican controlled state legislatures are making it HARDER for black people to vote in the next election... That'll metaphorically, put 'em in the back of the bus, all right.. Yessiree, Bob.

Excon
    Again, I don't have time to watch Rachel Madcow, you'll have to be more specific. I'm sure it's just more of the same bleating about anything Republicans ever try to do to ensure the integrity of an election.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I'm sure it's just more of the same bleating about anything Republicans ever try to do to ensure the integrity of an election.
    Your integrity seems to be like your priorities, and your rights, exclusive to you, and no room for any other way. And that's okay. Other see things a bit differently, and that should be okay too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

High rev vibration [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Honda 200es three wheeler and every time I get to the higher revs it vibrates so violently. It does it in neutral as well. The previous owner said it would need a new front wheel bearing soon. Do you think that would be the problem?

Goodman GU125-4 Rev. S [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace does not kick on when dialing thermostat. Tried the following. Jumpered term. R and W and hear a click from the unit but nothing happens. When dialing up thermostat hear same click nothing happens. Tried tripping the breaker for approx. 30sec to no avail. When I dial the nob in the...

Gmp075 3 rev b [ 1 Answers ]

What ton is the GMP 075-3 REV B gas heating unit?

Rev Rul 91-58 [ 2 Answers ]

The facts are the following: 1. Client is a Mexican national 2. He was in graduate school in the US and after receiving Ph.D. in 2007 returned to Mexico and started employment 3. Client became married to a US citizen in 2008 4. Client was not a US resident for tax purposes for any part of 2008...

What does Rev 14:1 mean to you? [ 21 Answers ]

The Lamb. Mount Zion. 144,000. I am curious to know what this scripture means to other God fearing people. :)

View more questions Search