Ask
    daveneeds2no Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Engine surges
    My engine surges all the time I have a 2003 pontiac vibe 2wd 4cylinder
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2013, 02:24 PM
    Ensure you have purged all air from the cooling system. Look for an air leak around the intake manifold--use a spray bottle of water and listen for a change in the engine's sound. Check for any hose leaks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Mower engine surges [ 3 Answers ]

Craftsman riding mower is around 7 years old. Engine, not mower, surges in idle and while mowing; replaced plug, gas line, gas filter, filled w/new gas, & air filter. What else can I do?

My car was overheating now the engine surges [ 11 Answers ]

My car recently started having overheating problems. I realized something was different when it warmed up pretty quickly. I blew a few hoses already. But its still driveable. After a few days. When I turn the car on my car goes from 2 thousand to 3 thousand rpms by itself Up then down up then...

92 Honda Civic Overheats and Engine Surges [ 5 Answers ]

The engine surges in a consistent pattern. Then, after a few minutes of driving it overheats. These symptoms appeared at the same time. At the time it overheats, I noticed that the hose from the radiator to the engine is cool with no pressure while the hose from the engine to the radiator is hot...

1985 Toyota Tercel Engine surges [ 1 Answers ]

My 1985 Toyota Tercel, 1.5 liter 4 cyl, carburetor, surges when the throttle is held steady at about 1200 rpm. It starts well and runs well at other speeds. No smoke or backfire. New plugs and cap, clean egr valve.

View more questions Search