Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sighsandknives Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 11:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sighsandknives View Post
    it feels stiff. but no it doesn't go white
    Actually that was just the way my arm was tilting.. it actually just feels normal
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Is it still bleeding or oozing blood? Can you wiggle your fingers? Close your hand?
    Just want to point out, I have permanent nerve damage in my left arm, I have for over 17 years now. I have barely any feeling in my arm at all. It feels like my arm is constantly asleep. I can use my hand just fine, I'm typing with it right now. I can lift things, I can wiggle my fingers, close my hand, and unless I told you about the nerve damage, you'd never know.

It's painful, especially when the weather changes, and the nerve is compressed even more (my damage is from a car accident, and my collar bone literally slipped and is resting on my upper most rib. The nerve between the two is constantly being compressed. When the weather changes (which it is now) the muscles swell and compress the nerve even more. So I feel pain all the time, even though I can't really feel my arm. It's a very strange unique pain, and not at all fun.

Nerve damage is not something that can be diagnosed online. Being able to wiggle your fingers, or close your hand, doesn't mean that damage hasn't been done. The fact that she feels no pain from this cut is a big red flag in my opinion. I really can't stress enough that if there is no pain from this cut, and the cut is as deep and long as she says, a doctor really needs to take a look a this.

I'm not saying it is nerve damage, as I can't give that diagnosis, I'm not a doctor, and not even a doctor could diagnose online. But, if it were me, I'd get it checked asap.

Mar 25, 2013, 11:10 PM
    actually that was just the way my arm was tilting.. it actually just feels normal
    Like normal skin
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:11 PM
    it feels stiff. but no it doesn't go white
    One of my rescued cats had clawed me when we first brought him into the house. I ended up with an infection in my arm from the germs that got inside. That's another good reason for a doctor to check your cut, in case you need antibiotics.

Mar 25, 2013, 11:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Just want to point out, I have permanent nerve damage in my left arm, I have for over 17 years now. I have barely any feeling in my arm at all. It feels like my arm is constantly asleep. I can use my hand just fine, I'm typing with it right now. I can lift things, I can wiggle my fingers, close my hand, and unless I told you about the nerve damage, you'd never know.

It's painful, especially when the weather changes, and the nerve is compressed even more (my damage is from a car accident, and my collar bone literally slipped and is resting on my upper most rib. The nerve between the two is constantly being compressed. When the weather changes (which it is now) the muscles swell and compress the nerve even more. So I feel pain all the time, even though I can't really feel my arm. It's a very strange very unique pain, and not at all fun.

Nerve damage is not something that can be diagnosed online. Being able to wiggle your fingers, or close your hand, doesn't mean that damage hasn't been done. The fact that she feels no pain from this cut is a big red flag in my opinion. I really can't stress enough that if there is no pain from this cut, and the cut is as deep and long as she says, a doctor really needs to take a look a this.

I'm not saying it is nerve damage, as I can't give that diagnosis, I'm not a doctor, and not even a doctor could diagnose online. But, if it were me, I'd get it checked asap.
    Can I post a picture of it on a secret Instagram and you can see it? I'll send the link to both of you. Again though I am a male.

Mar 25, 2013, 11:13 PM
    One of my rescued cats had clawed me when we first brought him into the house. I ended up with an infection in my arm from the germs that got inside. That's another good reason for a doctor to check your cut, in case you need antibiotics.
    I see. I showered literally right after the cut.. does that change anything too?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:16 PM
    i see. i showered literally right after the cut.. does that change anything too?
    Probably would have been too late -- again depending on how deep the knife (and germs) went. (It wasn't the Grandfather Mountain knife, was it?)
    Pets Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:17 PM
    can i post a picture of it on a secret Instagram and you can see it? i'll send the link to both of you. again though i am a male.
    A picture won't help. Like I said, not even a doctor can diagnose online, and I'm not a doctor. Seeing a picture of it really won't help at all. Only a doctor can determine if you've caused serious damage. I can't stress that enough. You really, really, really need to see a doctor about this.

Mar 25, 2013, 11:19 PM
    Probably would have been too late -- again depending on how deep the knife (and germs) went. (It wasn't the Grandfather Mountain knife, was it?)
    It was a pencil sharpener razor

Mar 25, 2013, 11:20 PM
    A picture won't help. Like I said, not even a doctor can diagnose online, and I'm not a doctor. Seeing a picture of it really won't help at all. Only a doctor can determine if you've caused serious damage. I can't stress that enough. You really, really, really need to see a doctor about this.
    Well would it change anything just to see it?

http://instagram.com/p/XT3SJxL-am/ you don't have to look but again. You can.
    Pets Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:23 PM
    well would it change anything just to see it?

Photo by sighsandknives • Instagram you don't have to look but again. you can.
    It's looking a bit swollen to me. But that may just be the picture angle.

Really kiddo, please go to a doctor, and also tell your mom about your cutting. I'm a mom, I have a 14 year old son and a 10 year old daughter. If they were going through what you're going through I'd want to know. Your mom can't help you if she doesn't know what's going on.
    Pets Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:25 PM
    I'm going to bed now because it's getting late. Kiddo, I really hope you take my advice and go to a doctor about this. Can you promise me to think about it?

Mar 25, 2013, 11:28 PM
    I'm going to bed now because it's getting late. Kiddo, I really hope you take my advice and go to a doctor about this. Can you promise me to think about it?
    Yes I can. But it's 2:30am here so I have to tell her later
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:29 PM
    yes i can. but it's 2:30am here so i have to tell her later
    Will you be okay now? You need to sleep too. You're on spring break?

Mar 25, 2013, 11:31 PM
    Will you be okay now? You need to sleep too. You're on spring break?
    I guess.. it's still very hot in this house. And sort of. I'm tracked out. But yes I'm out of school
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:34 PM
    i guess.. it's still very hot in this house. and sort of. i'm tracked out. but yes i'm out of school
    It's 1:30 here in Chicagoland, where I live now. Will you be my Tar Heel buddy? We can talk more about NC in the future.

Mar 25, 2013, 11:35 PM
    It's 1:30 here in Chicagoland, where I live now. Will you be my Tar Heel buddy? We can talk more about NC in the future.
    Okay (:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:36 PM
    okay (:
    I'm glad. We'll talk more after we both get some sleep. Good night, and stay in touch. Okay?

Mar 25, 2013, 11:38 PM
    I'm glad. We'll talk more after we both get some sleep. Good night, and stay in touch. Okay?
    Okay. (: good night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Adult Daughter just cut ties with me and my wife (her mother) [ 1 Answers ]

And won't let us see the grandchildren, everything was fine until last month until l spanked the 5 year old who my wife watches during to day for hitting his big special needs brother with the remote control. She came a got the kids accusing me of being mean and terrible and making her the way she...

HONDA ACCORD 1992 will cut on and cut off after making loud whistling sounds [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my car on it makes this loud noise and it cuts right back off but it gets very hot fast

My blower on inside unit will not cut off I cut and crimped wires back together [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I put the blue and red wire to the blower on the inside unit

View more questions Search