Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazzer1000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Copy audio cd to hard drive
    Can anyone please advise. I am trying to copy an audio cd to my PC but as a wav or audio file. I don't want to save it as an mp3 as this compresses the file and would affect quality. Basically I want to put audio music on my computer and retrieve it with the same, high quality.:confused:
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Mar 20, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Is the audio CD a MP3 file that a friend gave you or did you buy it? If MP3 you have to say it as such. If bought , use MS media player. It will provide the quality you are looking for and you can burn another copy.

Good luck
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 20, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Also, you could use a cd ripping program.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 20, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Uncompressed audio will result in extremely large file sizes that are unwieldy to work with.

An MP3 recorded at 256-320kbps is just about CD quality and is ideal (IMHO) for a multi-media PC playing through a high-end stereo system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Hard Drive [ 4 Answers ]

Need To Know If I Can Convert A Sata Hard Drive To A Ide

View more questions Search