Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennyk11605 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Have judgement-need mortgage
    We're getting relocated because of my husbands job and we desperately need to purchase a home within the next few weeks, but no one on the planet will finance us because of a judgement that on my husbands credit report, which was from something his ex-wife did. I contacted the attorney that handled the case and they agreed my husband wasn't at fault and said they would supeona his ex for the money but until she paid it or we paid it it would stay on his credit. WE don't have 20,000 dollars laying around to pay off his ex's debt, so what can we do? How can we get financing after trying everything? Just to let you guys now Im self-employed and don't make enoug to turn anything in on taxes. So financing in my name wouldn't work. Im at the end of my rope and if I don't figure out something in the next few weeks my husband is gong to be out of a job!! HHHHHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!! :eek:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Do you have a good credit rating yourself? You may be able to get a loan in your name only.
    my2229 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2007, 01:02 PM
    You could rent or lease a home till the matter is cleared up..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
    And no, NO one desperately has to buy a home until they are ready to buy one, you at this poing only needs to rent a house so your husband can get to work.

So you rent, save up money for a large down payment and allow time to improve your creidit rating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we get a mortgage? [ 4 Answers ]

Here's is the situation. I am a stay at home mother with a credit score in the middle 700's. My husband who is the sole financial provider has no credit, not bad credit, no credit. Would we be able to get a traditional 30yr mortgage?

Mortgage Help [ 3 Answers ]

I have in principle accepted a job in Ohio, I currently live and own a home in FL. I need to move my family there right away. However, I don't know how I can afford two mortgages or rent at the same time. My wife doesn't want to rent out our current home. Is there any way to obtain a mortgage on...

Mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I own a trailer,an I keep records of payments, but I have looked everywhere for a spreadsheet to help me keep track of payments an later fees an bounced checks,I guess I need a title of what I'm looking for,I have goggle an Yahoo I just need to figure out how much she owns an what a payoff...

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add my friend to my mortgage loan. How do I do this?

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What will my payment be like on a 80/20 interest loan @7%?

View more questions Search