Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MNNEPAL27 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Tracing International Family
    My grandfather has traced our family back all the way to the late 1600's. Now that I have married Iw ould love to know more about my husband's family, but he is not from the US. He is from Nepal/India. Is there any difference in how to track down internationally that it is how we do it here?

Thanks
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Mar 20, 2007, 03:11 PM
    It's basically the same methods. I don't have much experience with international research, however the best source I know of is the Family History Library Microfilm

I suggest also trying the localities links at CyndisList.com and the surname and locality message boards at genealogy.com and ancestry.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tracing foreign father [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to all I have been unsuccessfully trying to trace my biological father.I don't think I have enough to go on though,please someone tell me to give up if I'm wasting my time.I was born(1970) in england(uk) to a british woman now deceased,my natural father however was a greek...

Tracing Rebecca (Becky) [ 1 Answers ]

Hey friends, Those days when we didn't have the internet, me and Becky Queen (Rebecca) were pen friends. My last contact was 20 years ago. We exchanged a lots of opinions and got to know each other through mail... I am trying to locate Becky... and so please please help me to locate her... Becky's...

Tracing a hacker [ 9 Answers ]

Over the last week, my firewall has blocked 5 intrusion attempts into my machine. I think it is someone in the building trying to hack in to my system. The firewall was able to produce an ID tag on the hacker, but how do I trace them? Is it even possible?:confused:

Tracing Spammers etc [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone please give any tutorial sites or easy to understand information which will help me to understand and learn how to read full headers in layman's language. I read a full header and a lot of it is simply double dutch to me. What I would like to discover is how easy or difficult it is...

View more questions Search