Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AsherBlu85 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Mar 20, 2007, 10:23 AM
    What are good quick weight loss tips
    Hello Everyone... OK, here's the thing. One of my best friends and I are throwing our birthday parties together on Apr.14th. I'm not fat nor am I skinny. I'm what I like to call thick but I have these "luv handles" that I want to get rid of asap. Can somebody, anybody please tell me a good healthy way to start shedding pounds from now to the party? I know this may sound alttle silly to some but this does mean a lot to me.

Thanks
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Mar 20, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Walk or jog/ 20-30 minimum EVERYDAY, cut your portions down. Snack healthy in between meals... a fruit as an example. No rice, no white bread, cut the pasta. GMC has a bowel detox. You will be going #2 a lot, but that is excess weight as well. The average person has about 10 pounds of junk in our system. Drink a lot of water. Crunch , not sit ups are good. Although painful do 30 to start.

If that doesn't work.. wear black. Makes you look slimmer.

And what is wrong with "thick" women. It's my preference.

Good luck.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AsherBlu85
    Hello Everyone...... ok, here's the thing. One of my best friends and I are throwing our birthday parties together on Apr.14th. I'm not fat nor am I skinny. I'm what I like to call thick but I have these "luv handles" that I want to get rid of asap. Can somebody, anybody please tell me a good healthy way to start shedding pounds from now to the party? I know this may sound alttle silly to some but this does mean alot to me.

Thanks
    This doesn't sound silly, it sounds like you care about how you look and this is a good way to start a new way to think about nutrition. Luv handles, are caused by a higher body fat percentage, and in order to lower your percentage you need to start with a healthy and naural diet. This may mean some changes for you but their all good, Naural whole grain (100% wheat) breads, pasta, rice, and cereals. Low fat dairy, like 1-2% or skim milk, nonfat, or lowfat/sugar yogurt, Low sodium, this means cutting out as much salt laden snacks as you can, such as chips, No fried foods, fatty foods, or fast foods. Instead eat lots of veggies, raw, steams or cooked using minimal water, fruit, and cutting out sweetened drinks like soda, and drink instead, lots of water, or 100% fruit juices. Include beans, peas, legumes, lentils, nuts (but watch fat content 1 oz is the max) and seeds. Lean cuts of meats, like loin type steak or porks, skinless chicken (breasts) and turkey are great choices. And serving size is sooo important, a serving size of meat is only 3 oz and that the size of a open palm, but you can get use to use. A good way besides good food to lose body fat is exercise you have to have both these to achieve what you want, Safe methods of exercise for the abs are crunches, crunch machines, ab roller, hip lift, but you also need to include aerobics, weight and resistance training and any form of running, jogging, swimming, threadmills, stari climbing, biking. The key to maximum fat burning is to work out 30-60 minutes, 4-5 times per week. You have to train the whole body, not just one area. Hope this helps.;)
    AsherBlu85 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Mar 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Thank you guys soooooooo much. Im going to start all of these asap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

I am 32 yrs old woman, height 5'2 , I weigh 145 pounds, I exercise 5 times a week since 6 months,but have lost only 1 pound weight.I have lost 3 inches though. I want to know why am I not losing weight

Got any good Turkey tips. [ 2 Answers ]

How many ways can you cook a turkey for thanksgiving show your best?

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

I used to be very thin probably too thin I was 6 1/2 stone at 18. I didn't eat very much at all because I liked the weight I was at and every time I put on weight I felt repulsive. I sort of got over this when I seen some photos and I went up to a healthy 9 1/2 stone (I am 5"4) I have recently...

LA weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone have any thoughts on LA weight loss program? Counselors training, etc. Is the program worth the $.

Dramatic weight loss produces saggy skin: any tips? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was overweight ever since I was a young girl, and eventually went up to 200 pounds by the time I was 18. Before I turned 19 though I joined a gym and changed my eating habits and was able to lose 70 pounds, but I'm still left with seriously unsightly and cumbersome saggy skin on my belly and...

View more questions Search