Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pgwills Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Medicare suppliment comparisons?
    Is there a price comparison for medigap insuranse companies like plan D comparison with prices? There are online insurance comparison but I can't find for supplements
    kshif Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pgwills
    Is there a price comparison for medigap insuranse companies like plan D comparison with prices? There are online insurance comparison but I can't find for supplements
    Go to the website medicare.gov. Click on "Medicare and you 2007". Click on "2007 plan benefits and rates available". Click on Find and compare plans. The 3rd search screen if for medigap plans. Enter your zipcode for plans in your area. Hope this helps!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Plan D is not a medigap coverage plan D is is the drug plan.

Medigap coverage is to cover the deductables not coverd under medicare part A or B. Part B payment is taken out of the retirement check, there is no charge for part A.

On the real medigap insurance the issue is there are various types, with plan F low deductable being the best. There is a plan F with a high deductable. And plans C and G ( and several more depending on the state you live in. Anyone showing you these plans must provide you with a social security hand book that shows the diffrences in the plans.

Also in most parts of the US there are now "fee for service" plans which provide coverage but with co pays, such as 10 dollars to go to the doctor, 100 to enter the hospital, and these often include the ( part D) drug plan in them. They are often the most lost cost plans, since they have co pays which is not included in the plan F.

Also on the plan D ( which is the drug plan) just price means little each plan may cover various drugs the others do not, so the cheapest plan may be OK for you, or it may not even cover the drugs you use, and in the same respect the highest cost plan may not cover the drugs you take, but a cheaper plan will. That is why it is important to sit down face to face with your agent ** he will have a book of what drugs are covered under what tier and which ones are not.
    Pure price has no bearing on plan D as to which is best for you, or which is the best deal, you have to find one that covers the drugs you take.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medicare withheld [ 1 Answers ]

How do I figure how much medicare tax is deducted from my pay weekly?

Medicare [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I see ads on TV for insurance that costs the same as medicare. I didn't know medicare costs anything. Does it? How much? Why? excon

CPR comparisons [ 1 Answers ]

What are the main differences in CPR trainings between American Heart, Red Cross, ASHI?

View more questions Search