Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adrian1970 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 07:34 PM
    12 year old girl and a 9 year old girl
    My yougest girl (12) and her cousin (9) like to spend the night together at a relatives house. Well the 9 year old reported to her mom the that they touch each other in certain places. Both there stories don't match up but they both addmit to doing the act more that once. The 9 year old mom went to the police to file a report. I understand that kids will be kids and we have started counciling for my kid. Are there leagal problems for either child in Texas
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2013, 03:22 AM
    Depends on what the prosecutor wants to do. They are a little old for this to be classified as natural curiosity. But it may not be enough for a prosecutor to pursue criminal charges. You need to talk to the prosecuting attorney's office for the county.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 04:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Depends on what the prosecutor wants to do. They are a little old for this to be classified as natural curiosity. But it may not be enough for a prosecutor to pursue criminal charges. You need to talk to the prosecuting attorney's office for the county.
    Assuming the prosecutor is unfamiliar with the corpus delicti rule.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2013, 06:18 AM
    Hello a:

the 9 year old mom went to the police to file a report.
    Given the circumstances, that is something I would NEVER EVER do. In these instances, the cops have been known to MAKE crime where there was NONE.

Even still, the children are probably going to be TRAUMATIZED by the cops, the parents, and maybe their peers if the press gets hold of the story... Nope, I NEVER would have done that!

Excon
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:26 AM
    What's done is done, but I agree with excon. I hope this can be handled as low key as possible, and that the therapist is a wise one, and it's mostly to help assuage the judge if you have to go to court, who might just order it anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

Is it legal for an 19 year old girl to date a 16 year old girl in Oregon? [ 2 Answers ]

We are both girl's and wanting to know if it is legal to date each other?

View more questions Search