Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joca16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 11:42 AM
    Biology ! Genetics
    In Drosophila melanogaster, the genes for purple eyes (pr) and curved wings (c) are on the same chromosome. The recombination frequency between pr and c is roughly 20%. Both the purple eyed and curly winged phenotypes are recessive to the wild-type (+) phenotypes (red-eyed and straight winged, respectively).

Consider a cross between a female with genotype (+ c)/(pr +) and a male (pr c)/(pr c). Based on the information above, predict the percentage of offspring of each phenotype from this cross assuming a large number of offspring.

-Wild type (red eyes and straight wings)

-Purple eyes and Straight wings

-Red eyes and Curved wings

-Purple eyes and Curved wings
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 11:43 AM
    So... did you just want us to answer this school work that you copied and pasted here?
    joca16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 03:31 PM
    No, it's just to look -.-
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 03:46 PM
    What are your percentages?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genetics [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am doing a science project on genetics and I need these questions answered. Im in 6th grade How do genes get passed down? Can parents with dark hair such as brown have a child with light haigh like blonde? What are dominate and recessive traits? Are any two genes the same? I already know...

Genetics, Reproduction [ 0 Answers ]

How is the sex of a plant determined? What is other name for male parthenogenesis?

Genetics [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! My dad has very curly hair and, with my very straight- haired mom had 4 curly haired kids. My curly haired self, along with my straight-haired husband produced 2 straight-haired kids. From what I've read, curly hair is dominant (although I did find a site that said it was recessive). I...

View more questions Search