Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevy666 Posts: 127, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 08:09 AM
    Chemistry help please?
    Can someone please explain these questions to me?

My parts 1 and 2 of this assignment were about Dalton's Atomic Theory, and Thomson's Cathode Ray.
    However my part 3 is about Rutherford's Experiment. I've tried looking up on Google, and trying to understand the theory but for some reason I'm just having a lot of trouble.

Here are my questions for the Rutherford Experiment:

a. What kind of results should Rutherford have gotten if the atom did NOT have most of the mass in the nucleus--that is, if most of the atom was not empty space?

b. What kind of results should Rutherford have gotten if the atom did NOT have all of the positive charge concentrated in the nucleus?

c. How did Rutherford contribute to an even better model of the atom?

Thank you for any of your help, and helping me understand this.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry Help [ 1 Answers ]

Assume that if iodine is allowed to migrate freely between equal volumes of water and kerosene, 90% of it will end up in the kerosene and 10% in the water. If you started with 1.0g of iodine total in the water layer, and extracted with an equal volume of kerosene, how much iodine would remain in...

Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

A solution contains Sr2+ and Ba2+ ions both at a concentration of 1.25 x 10 ^-3 molL-1. A dilute solution of sulphuric acid is slowly added to this mixture of ions. (Assume any change in volume is insignificant.) Ks (BaSO4) =1x10^-10 Ks (SrSO4)=3x10^-7 b (I) calclute the...

Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

What are the type of these compound Zinc sulfite,Calciun hydride and Dichromic acid?

Chemistry question about Organic Chemistry [ 9 Answers ]

Could you explain to me why I ended up with two marks out of a possible 6 in these questions? I think that I answered them correctly but I am not sure so I would like your help so that then I may tell my instructor.

Chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

Sir what is carnot engine.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.