Ask
    caitlyn_lowe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 10:59 PM
    verifying trig functions
    (secx-tanx)(cscx+1)=cotx
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 05:37 AM
    As usual for these types of problems, convert the secant, tangent, cosecant and cotangent functions to their sine and cosine eqiuivalents, then simplify. Try this, and if you still get stuck show us what you have attempted and we'll help you along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with verifying Trig. Identities [ 1 Answers ]

I need someone to show me step-by-step instructions on how to verify these two identities. 1. (1+sinx)/(1-sinx)=(secx+tanx)^2 2.(1-2cos^2x)/(sinxcosx)=tanx-cotx Thanks.

I need help with verifying Trig. Identities [ 0 Answers ]

Can somebody show me step-by-step instructions on verifying these two Trig. Identities. 1. (1+sinx)/(1-sinx)=(secx+tanx)^2 2.(1-2cos^2x)/(sinxcosx)=tanx-cotx The homework is due tomorrow afternoon. Thanks!

How to solve trig functions applications for advanced functions? [ 2 Answers ]

A point on the ocean rises and falls as wave pass Suppose that a wave passes every 4 s, and the height of each wave from the crest to the trough in 0.5 m. a) how do we graph the height of the point relative to tis average height for a complete cycle, starting at the crest of a wave. And how do...

Verifying Trig Identity [ 1 Answers ]

Tan({4}theta) = sin({4}theta) divided by 1+cos(4{}theta)

Verifying trig identities [ 2 Answers ]

this one has got me stumped can anyone help me please:confused: Verify: _1_ - __cosB__= tanB cosB 1+sinB

View more questions Search