Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barsamiem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Blood types
    Can a parent with a-blood and a parent with o+ blood have a child with a+ blood?
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Mar 20, 2007, 08:38 AM
    If the alleles of the A- parent were AA, -/- and the alleles for the second parent was OO +/+, then yes, it is possible to have a baby with alleles AO, +/- making the baby A+.

So, the answer: yes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my period too long? Is it real blood or period blood? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm really worried. My period came a month early, I only have it once in two months. I have huge cramps and tylenol doesn't work but it usually does. The color and smell are different. The color is much lighter and clear and the smell doesn't have the usual scent, it smells more like the...

Blood types and pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

I wanted to know about blood types regarding pregnancy. I'm A- and am going to order sperm from a sperm bank. What blo od types from the donors are OK for me to choose from?

Blood types? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend really wants to have a baby. Well, not at the moment, but she wants to be ABLE to have a baby. She read somewhere that people with Type O blood can NOT reproduce unless their partner has a negative blood type. Now, I'm having a hard time understanding this because apperently O blood...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

Data types [ 4 Answers ]

A friend in the Wondir forum wants to know what data types mean, is there a simple explanation? Or should I refer him to the Princeton knowledge base? Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search