Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onedirectionhaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 06:55 PM
    How do I know my cat had kittens?
    Hi , I have found a stray cat and she has been letting me pet her ever since I found her. About four weeks ago I noticed her belly is larger and this morning I heard a meow that sounded choppy or cracked. We called for her and she did not come (which is different). There is a boy cat that has lived under my porch along with her. I gave her food and she came out from under the porch. As she came out I noticed her belly is much smaller. She ate the food extremely fast and looked at me as she wanted more. I gave her a little bit more of food and she ate that fast to. As my cousin took one step towards her she ran back under the house. Just a second ago felt her and her nipples feel different. If you think you have an answer please write back . Thanks
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 07:06 PM
    If she's a stray and not fixed, and there is a male in the area, chances are she's had a litter of kittens. She likely gave birth to them under the house, where she's been staying. She'll need extra food so that she can produce enough milk for her litter. It would be best if you let her wean this litter, and then try and catch her and have her spayed. It would also be best if you can catch the kittens, once they're old enough to leave the "nest" and find them homes.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 19, 2013, 11:30 PM
    If she is stray, she must have lot of kittens. My grandmother once told me that cats always keep moving their kittens different places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

My cat had 2 kittens at 2am and it is 3pm and still no more kittens,is normal [ 0 Answers ]

My cat had 2 kittens at 2am,healthy and it is 3 pm and still no more yet but they are moving around in her belly and she is still in labor but not contracting that hard at all.thats 13 hours now is that normal. She don't act like she's having problems.

Has stray cat given birth ? What are signs a cat has just had kittens? [ 6 Answers ]

She's about 8 weeks along. A few days ago her belly was very hard, and she was very affectionate. Now her belly isn't as hard, and she's not affectionate at all. Also I haven't ever been able to feel movement in her belly. Is it possible she already had her babies? She really hasn't left our...

My cat is nasty to my other cat who just had kittens what do I do ? [ 1 Answers ]

Had my two kittens lilly and rose from the same mother at six weeks old ,they both got different personalty's but have got on rely well ,but rose has just had kittens and lilly keeps being nasty to her ,rose is so sweet and has never been nasty and is wondering what she has done wrong.. I love them...

My cat had kittens [ 5 Answers ]

My cat just had 5 kittens 2days ago. This is her first litter and I'M very new at this situation. The kittens seem to be OK. I have them in a spare bedroom down stairs in my basement. I'm worried that mom isn't doing everything she's supposed to be doing. Every time I enter the room mom runs right...

View more questions Search