Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babynme2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 02:29 PM
    Conceive?
    My dr. Says that I conceived on January.16 I had unprotected sex with a friend on dec 22 before my boyfriend and I got back together is their anyway the sex on dec 22 got me pregnant? Im freaking out?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2013, 03:18 PM
    Well... it wasn't an immaculate conception... and if you didn't have sex at all, of any type since then... the answer is yes.

Incidentally conception dates are nothing more than educated guesses that has a plus or minus 2 week period before and after them... meaning the entire month with that conception date.. is when it MIGHT have actually happened.

If you slept with more than one person during that entire month... you have to get a DNA test to find out whose it was.

Sorry but until there is a major medical breakthrough... that one month window is the best any doctor can do.

The only way to know an exact day... if if you had NO sex that month and you had an invitro fertilization procedure... THEN they will know to the day.

Mar 19, 2013, 03:48 PM
    Of course I had sex after that date of December 22 or why would OK even have a question I would know the andwer. I had sex with him once on the 22 and got back with my boyfriend 2 day later and have been with him since . Sorry but your answer did not help me on any level but state the obvious of what I already know. The question was pretty much is it possible that was the date when I had sex after that and the whole month of January with my boyfriend unprotected. That would put it at 3 weeks before they said I conceived.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 03:51 PM
    What is your due date?

Mar 19, 2013, 03:52 PM
    October 9th
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 03:58 PM
    All of conception is nothing more than an educated guess. Most likely it is your boyfriend's, but you won't be sure until you have a paternity test done.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babynme2 View Post
    Of course i had sex after that date of december 22 or why would ok even have a question i would know the andwer. I had sex with him once on the 22 and got back with my bf 2 day later and have been with him since . Sorry but your answer did not help me on any level but state the obvious of what i already know. The question was pretty much is it possible that was the date when i had sex after that and the whole month of january with my bf unprotected. That would put it at 3 weeks before they said i concieved.
    You had to know having sex with two people two days apart means you can't possibly guess which is the father..

No doctor can predict an exact conception date... and they are only guessing at your due date... there is an entire month either could occur.

Protection only REDUCES the chances of pregnancy... it NEVER eliminates that...

You don't need to take my word for that... ask J_9 she lived it. More than once. And if anyone here would know how to use them correctly... it would be her.

A lot of people don't. Or you wouldn't see multiple people complaining about breaking them...

For a laugh.. I used to pull one over my head and inflate it... no I didn't think that up... I saw a comedian do it in a show first.

They don't break easily.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 07:13 PM
    The only way to know for sure is a DNA test once the baby is born.

Due dates are a guess, they can be off by up to a month (2 weeks before, or two weeks after). Even an ultrasound is a best guess.

So, the only option in this case is a DNA test.

Good luck.

Mar 19, 2013, 07:33 PM
    Yes well I found out fairly early I went to the dr. Feb 3 because I took positive pregnancy test they did an ultra sound and could not see nothing so they automaticaly thought tubular so they did blood work one day and again 2 days later when the results came back they said I was only between 1 and 2 weeks pregnant and o
    Isn't blood work the most accurate way of telling exactly how far along you are because of the hcg levels? Because in that case it rules any sex in December out. Thank you for all your guys input.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2013, 07:35 PM
    Nope... it's only most accurate for early results to find out if you are pregnant... they do nothing to pinpoint when... just if.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm trying to conceive? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im 17 I am trying to conceive, I married we have tried plenty of times I'm not trying to be blunt but he has came in me many times and no baby yet and its been about 2 years of that. I was on the depo pill last year and I have had a not so serious std.. . "

I want to conceive [ 1 Answers ]

HI , I have been trying from last 6 months for a baby,I had an abortion on 3rd month lyk feb'10 is there any thing linked with it that why m not able to concive Please suggest I'm afraid to visit a doctor

I'm trying to conceive [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are trying to have a baby but I'm just now getting off the depo shot. How do I get pregnant fast??

Trying to conceive. [ 1 Answers ]

What are some things I can do to conceive a baby?

View more questions Search