Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    torres 9 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Cases on partnerships and limited liabillity companies
    I want someone to help me,with cases on the differences between partnerships and limited liability companies
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 19, 2013, 07:42 AM
    Which jurisdiction or location ?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 05:51 PM
    What is it you want to know specifically. Partners can be liable for the debts of the partnership. Owners of a LLC are not. That's the difference in a nutshell.

Mar 20, 2013, 12:25 AM
    Thanks guys but what I meant was e.g in a partnership there is no perpetual succession whereas is company there is,now what I wanted was a decided case which supports this position

Mar 20, 2013, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Which jurisdiction or location ?
    british or common law in short
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2013, 08:40 AM
    You are asking for case law?

This sounds a lot like homework -

Mar 31, 2013, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You are asking for case law?

This sounds a lot like homework -
    Yes I want decided cases
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 06:21 AM
    What she was getting at is that we don't do homework. If you run your conclusion by us we will comment, but homework is your job.

It's unlikely that there will be case law to back up the matter of perpetual succession. It would be obvious from the nature of the thing, so who would ever litigate the matter, let alone appeal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When does parental liabillity end [ 1 Answers ]

21 year old daughter living in MN, away from me in SD, and was attending college but isn't no more. Still has old car registered to me and I have registered and insured with liability coverage. She lost her license recently from DUI. She says not, but we think she probably is still driving without...

Do limited liabilities companies require a 1099 misc form? [ 0 Answers ]

Do limited liabilities companies require a 1099 misc form?

Credit card companies/collection companies attaching our incomes/accounts. [ 3 Answers ]

I am 72, on Social Security plus a moderate City Retirement pension (local government, Washington state). My husband is 57, disabled, on Social Security Disability and has a small pension from the San Diego Zoo. If we are unable to pay one or more credit cards, can those CC companies, or...

When companies sell their receivables to other companies , the transaction is called [ 2 Answers ]

1- Receivables from company owners and officers should be disclosed separately on the balance sheet. True or false 2- Receivables not currently collectible are reported in the investments section of the balance sheet. True or false.

Partnerships or Private Ltd Companies [ 2 Answers ]

If 2 people traded as a private limited company and one decided he wanted to leave, what would be the consequenses of this and would it have changed the situation if they had traded as a partnership instead?

View more questions Search