Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123789sant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2013, 10:15 PM
    Where can closing entries be found accounting
    My company (US based) wants us to follow the below procedure for passing the closing entries, please let us know whether is it allowed under Indian income tax... if any apprehensions please let us know...

1) Closing entries to be passed as on 31st March 2013
    2) The same entries has to be reversed on 01st of April 2013
    3)Again same entries has to be re passed as on 02nd of April 2013.

Request you to reply me at an earliest...
    You can call me or e mail me at below address

[email protected]
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2013, 01:04 AM
    Not understanding indian law but usually closing entries are not posted twice.

The purpose of closing entries are to make adjustments to the ledger balances for such items as depreciation, accruals and prepayments, provisions and so forth.

Some of these will be reversed, some might not require reversal as in depreciation and provisions
    123789sant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 01:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Not understanding indian law but usually closing entries are not posted twice.

The purpose of closing entries are to make adjustments to the ledger balances for such items as depreciation, accruals and prepayments, provisions and so forth.

Some of these will be reversed, some might not require reversal as in depreciation and provisions
    Thank You for your reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journalize the adjusting and closing entries. Post the closing entries, Prepar trial [ 0 Answers ]

(a)Journalise the adjusting and closing entries (b) post the closing entries. (c)Prepar a post closing trial balance Cash dr 12000 Account Rec 22000 Supplies 4000

Accounting Closing Entries [ 0 Answers ]

No. Account Title Debit Credit 101 Cash $ 7,000 104 Short-term investments 23,500 126 Supplies 8,200 128 Prepaid insurance 7,500 167 Equipment 45,000 168 Accumulated depreciation-Equipment $ 22,500 173 Building 162,000 174 Accumulated depreciation – Building 54,000...

Adjusting entires, closing entries, post-closing trial balance [ 12 Answers ]

I need to know what an adjusting entry, closing entry, and a post-closing trial balance look like. I will give you the figures of you need them.

Accounting- Closing entries [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if this transaction can be or not included in the closing entries. The exercise is: The company is a corporation of equipment renatals. Dic 23. Rented a backhoe to Mission Landscaping at a price of 250 per day, to be paid when the backhoe is returned. Mission...

Preparing Closing entries & Post Closing Trial Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I don't quite understand how you incorporate the information into these accounts. For instance, you have Capital $9,000; Wage Expenses $8500; Service Revenue $1000; and Rent Expense $1600.

View more questions Search