Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshine303 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Lump on neck
    I noticed it about a month ago. I went to the doctor last week and he said it was an infection from in my mouth. So I went to the dentist yesterday, and he said it was too far back to be from my teeth. I am worried because it seems to be getting bigger, and it is starting to feel tender to touch. I am calling a different doctor today, but didn't know if anyone had any idea, or suggestions?? All feedback is welcome Thanks
    my2229 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Is it just a bump or like a knot? Does it have a head on it? Could be an in grown hair causing a boil... Another opinion is great.

Mar 20, 2007, 06:12 AM
    It is a bump about the size of a quarter. It's hard but moves around some. It started the size of a dime. Now I can tell it is there just sitting here. It feels really tender to touch now.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Do you feel it in your neck? Like under your jaw?
    my2229 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Don't sound like a boil then... I would get a second opinion.. With it being red I do agree there is possible infection but where it mat be coming from not sure. Could even be a stopped up gland.

Mar 20, 2007, 06:18 AM
    It is close to the back of my neck down some, but still noticeable from the front if I turn my head to the side. It is not red though. I sure hope it's only an infection though. The dentist gave me some antibiotics yesterday for my teeth, so I am on those now.
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Can you feel it on the outside? Or is it only on the inside?

Have you been ill recently? A cold, or flu, or something like that?

Mar 20, 2007, 06:21 AM
    I can feel it on the outside, especially if I turn my head, it sticks out more. I have had a cold, but nothing too out of the ordinary.
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 06:23 AM
    It is very possible then that it is nothing more than a swollen lymph node. Take the antibiotics the dentist prescribed and all should be well.

A swollen lymph node is very common after an illness of any kind.

I do recommend a second opinion though. Just to be sure this is what it is.

Mar 20, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Thank you very much for your insight. I am calling a different doctor today to see what he thinks, and staying on these antibiotics!! I hope you are right :)
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Keep me posted on what you find out. ;)

I hope I am right too, LOL, hard to know for sure without being able to examine it myself though.

Mar 20, 2007, 06:31 AM
    I will let you know. Thank you again!

Mar 21, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Okay, J9 ----- I cannot afford to go to the doctor right away to get a second opinion, but I am taking these antibiotics. My question now is how long would it take for the lump to start going down, if it is an infection? I have been taking them since Monday night. Today the lump still feels a little painful, but I am thinking it is going down some.? I am sorry to bug you, but you have been very helpful...

Thanks,
    Amy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kink in my neck [ 8 Answers ]

I have a kink in my neck that I just can't seem to get rid of. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I might be able to do to help this problem? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

I found a lump on my neck and back of my head. [ 1 Answers ]

I found a lump just above my cheek bone on the side of my face, I then found two lumps on the back of my head at opposite sides, they are on the outside of the skull. The lumps aren't big about the size of peas. But I think I have found another one on my neck but I'm not sure as it might just be...

Lump On My Rottwilers Neck [ 7 Answers ]

I Have Found A Large Lump On The Back Of My Rottwilers Neck This Lump Is Inbeded Under His Skin But Is Moveable What Could This Be? Please Help.:(

Neck pain [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago, I as to what I should do about my neck pain. Since then I've gone to a physical therapist (twice a week) and though the pain has lessened and the muscles loosened, there still pain present. I'm thinking of telling my doctor to refer me to an orthpedic surgeon. Can you guys...

Up To Neck In... it! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi & Thanks in advance for any assistance... I recently bought my 2 story on concrete foundation (no basement or crawlspace) home and all was well for 1st couple of months. Home is 6 yrs old and previous owner acted as the sub when house was built and claimed he kept no blueprints. (our...

View more questions Search