Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iridescentalive Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2013, 12:12 AM
    Why Am I the Girl That is Chosen Last?
    I realize, now, that throughout my lifetime- I have always been “Second Best.”
    I was never really anyone’s first option when it came to a lot of things like friendships & relationships, and it’s been hurting me to think about it. It seems as though people would choose others before even considering wasting their time on me.

As a recent example:

Just a month ago, on Valentine ’s Day (cliché, I know), I found out the very guy that stole my heart using the words “I love you” chose another girl over me. It took me weeks until that “heartache” feeling left me, but the idea of him giving up on me to be with another female hurt me too much…

And that made me think: “why am I never the one chosen over another?”

I’m not really the “confident” type of person, but when it comes to the people I love- I try to be the most dedicated, loyal, and honest girl that I could possibly be to make my counterpart truly happy. I love seeing my loved ones smile, even when it means I’m breaking inside to accomplish that.

I know most people tread on the “outside” before even considering to get to know someone, and that’s a part of life…but it hurts when I open myself to someone, just so I can be left to be an “option.”
    pseudopodia3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2013, 02:58 AM
    Its just your paranoid mind.
    Don't take things much seriously and always keep a 'I don't give a ' attitude. That wouldautomatically attract people to you.
    And also stop being clingy.
    Always try to be perfect in whatevr u choose to do.
    Live life hapilly and people will love u.

Mar 17, 2013, 03:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudopodia3 View Post
    Its just your paranoid mind.
    Dont take things much seriously and always keep a 'I dont give a ' attitude. That wouldautomatically attract people to you.
    And also stop being clingy.
    Always try to be perfect in whatevr u choose to do.
    Live life hapilly and people will love u.
    Thank you!
    I needed something to 'wake me up.'
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 17, 2013, 03:19 AM
    'I try to be the most dedicated, loyal, and honest girl that I could possibly be to make my counterpart truly happy.' - Relationships aren't about making the other person happy. They are about being yourself and being liked for that, and compromising a bit here and there, both of you, over time.
    ' I love seeing my loved ones smile, even when it means I'm breaking inside to accomplish that. ' - Martyrdom will get you nowhere. It just makes people uncomfortable, and is usually the first thing that sends them running.

Be your own person FIRST. Be able to live with yourself, to have interests and opinions and a path in life. Do not live your life for someone else. What are the odds of having a lifelong dedicated love? Almost nil.

Mar 17, 2013, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    'I try to be the most dedicated, loyal, and honest girl that I could possibly be to make my counterpart truly happy.' - Relationships aren't about making the other person happy. They are about being yourself and being liked for that, and compromising a bit here and there, both of you, over time.
    ' I love seeing my loved ones smile, even when it means I’m breaking inside to accomplish that. ' - Martyrdom will get you nowhere. It just makes people uncomfortable, and is usually the first thing that sends them running.

Be your own person FIRST. Be able to live with yourself, to have interests and opinions and a path in life. Do not live your life for someone else. What are the odds of having a lifelong dedicated love? Almost nil.
    True, and now that I look over what I wrote, it does seem a little desperate. I should be my own person, before getting involved in those type of things- at least so I can find myself.
    Thank you, for the advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I always being chosen over? [ 5 Answers ]

As of now, and MULTIPLE times in my past, the guy that I am interested in always choses another girl over me. I am not a cocky person, but yes I am confident. I believe I am smart, pretty, have a pretty good personality, and a lot to offer someone. (I NEVER state this to anyone but am including it...

Chosen not to accept [ 1 Answers ]

When I signed up, I guess I missed a check box, so it says I have chosen not to accept the forum rules. How can I change this?

Why was I the chosen one to not become a mother? [ 3 Answers ]

I was 10 years old when one of my ovaries was cut off due to a huge cyst operation. The surgeon didn't think much of it and neither did we. When I was 23, I developed a huge cyst on my remaining ovary and underwent another operation where the Gynaecologist tried to save as much ovarian tissue as...

Chosen by the birthmother, BUT. [ 11 Answers ]

My wife and I have been chosen by a birthmother to adopt her baby girl. One huge obstacle--the birth father. The conception was out of wedlock and in her words, he has not had anything to do with the pregnancy. She states that he is a daily marijuana user and lives a 'hard life' and has always...

The president is chosen by [ 1 Answers ]

The president is chosen by a. popular vote. b. the House of Representatives. c. state legislatures. d. electoral college.

View more questions Search