Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rwooz52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2013, 05:21 PM
    GE 150 amp breaker problem
    I just replaced one 15 amp breaker which was straight forward, and I replaced a 20 amp breaker with a 20 amp GFI BREAKER. Everything seemed to be working well - I celebrated with a cold beer and started to continue replacing outlets and switches... but there was no power to the house. Now the 150 amp breaker trips each time I try to reset it. I replaced the 20amp GFI With the original and. Checked all connections. Any ideas about what's wrong...
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Mar 16, 2013, 09:55 PM
    It's very possible you just have a weak/worn out main breaker. Hopefully others will offer some advice on how to deal with this.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2013, 04:34 AM
    What was the result after you removed the gfi and installed the original 20 amp breaker? By the way, beer and electrical work are not a good combination. Your description of the sequence of events and results basically gives no clues. You make changes to circuits controlled by the 150 amp breaker and then suspect the 150 amp breaker as the problem? Was everything working before you started messing with it? What was your goal when you started?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it okay to use 150 amp bolt-on breaker to # 2/7 t.w wire [ 1 Answers ]

Is it okay to use 150 amp bolt-on breaker to # 2/7 t.w wire

How to connect 150 amp circuit breaker to a 200 amp panelboard? [ 1 Answers ]

This is a deli stoe that has 2 old Cutler Hammer Panels ( Plug-In breakers not bolt-in Type CH ). Each panel has 200 Amp main breaker . The owner install 10 ton AC & Heat Pump roof unit that needs 150 Amp breaker to feed it . What is the best soluation without changing the panel ? Should I install...

Can I put a 150 amp breaker in a 200 amp panel to feed a 150 amp sub panel? [ 8 Answers ]

Can I put a 150 amp breaker in a 200 amp panel to feed a 150 amp sub panel with a 200 amp service?

View more questions Search