Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SSSYYOOO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2013, 12:00 PM
    Genetics
    Hi I am doing a science project on genetics and I need these questions answered. Im in 6th grade
    How do genes get passed down?
    Can parents with dark hair such as brown have a child with light haigh like blonde?
    What are dominate and recessive traits?
    Are any two genes the same?
    I already know some stuff but I would just like a greater understanding. Please answer ASAP!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 16, 2013, 12:02 PM
    Good place to start: Genetics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    SSSYYOOO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2013, 12:04 PM
    I Also need a live resource
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 16, 2013, 12:54 PM
    A live resource? That's not really a meaningful term. All the research you do will give you information that is from mostly live sources, the people who wrote them. And the answers to the questions you asked here were actually discovered long ago.
    For traits, just look up 'genetic traits.' The word is dominant, not dominate. (Yes, two browns can have a blonde, IF they both have genes for blonde hiding under their brown.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genetics [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! My dad has very curly hair and, with my very straight- haired mom had 4 curly haired kids. My curly haired self, along with my straight-haired husband produced 2 straight-haired kids. From what I've read, curly hair is dominant (although I did find a site that said it was recessive). I...

Problems in genetics [ 10 Answers ]

Problems in genetics help ? If a man has type AB blood and a woman has type A blood, what possible blood types could their childern have? Please show me how to do this question for future questions like this one

Genetics about twins [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right spot or not but I was hoping some of you guys could help me with a question that I have about twins. I'm not sure if twins run big in my family or not. My dad has twin sisters and I heard it skips every generation. My dad didn't have twins neither...

What about metabolism and genetics? [ 4 Answers ]

How do you know if you have a slow or fast metabolism? There are a lot of advice about what to eat and what not to eat in order to stay at a healthy weight, but each person has a different metabolism, right? So how come we all are supposed to eat the same way in order to lose weight? Has anybody...

Genetics(chromosomes) [ 1 Answers ]

Is a trisomy 18 when you have 3 #18 chromosomes!! :cool: :p ;) :( :o

View more questions Search