Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deb129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2013, 06:51 AM
    Flapper
    I don't have a question. Just a coment thanking you for the information of cutting off the O ring to fix my flapper problem. I had been holding the handle for 2 years until it flushed and finally decided to search out an answer. It works perfect and I am amazed that a 15 second cutting off the O ring made it work perfect after 2 years of frustration! Thank you again! You rock!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 16, 2013, 07:20 AM
    Toilet flapper and made for two methods of installation.
    1 if there are no hooks on the flush valve then it slips over the overflow tube.
    2 If there are hooks then you cut out the ring. Glad we could help. Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flapper ! [ 11 Answers ]

Okay... my father decided to fix the toilets one day for a variety of reasons I won't go into right now... BUT ever since THEY HAVEN'T BEEN RIGHT!! Wish he'd leave my HOUSE ALONE!! Anyway, I digress... The FLAPPER on the 2 toilets aren't working properly. When you flush they stay up for just about...

Flapper closing too soon [ 22 Answers ]

Hey guys, I've always found toilet problems to be pretty easy to solve, but this one has me stumped... In a nutshell, the flapper closes way too soon and the toilet therefore does not flush completely, unless you hold the flusher down. I have set the slack in the chain to 1/4 inch, the flapper...

Toilet flapper won't stay down. It flushes, flapper seats then bobs back up in a sec [ 11 Answers ]

I have shortened the chain, lengthened the chain etc. It finally flushes O.K. & the bowl clears if I hold the handle down for a little bit, the flapper seats then bobs back up and has to be manually pushed down, then it stays. It is a new flapper

Flapper Leak [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Toto Ultra Max toilet that is only a couple of months old and the flapper leaks--I replaced the flapper with a new Toto flapper and it continues to slowly leak. The flapper seat seems to be OK. Any suggestions? Thanks Richard1907

Toilet Flapper [ 12 Answers ]

The toilet flapper closer too soon (as soon as you release the lever). It is a new flapper; any suggestions?

View more questions Search