Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KINGBANG24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2013, 10:15 PM
    If the only thing a dude hs from craiglist is my address and my number what can he do
    This dude wants a refund because he said I sold him a stolen phone.I Spent some of that money to get a new one I called it in as lost.This is not my first phone selling he's the only one complaing well of course he tried to get it turned on the next day when I reported it lost when the other people I sold the phones too they got it turned on a month later with no problem.The phone works perfectly fine.All he has is my number and address no name and he keeps calling talking about calling the police.Is this a serious matter or can I just leave it alone? IT WAS MONEY SPENT.HE EXAMED IT UP AND DOWN AND HE BROUGHT IT.DO I HAVE TO GIVE HIM A REFUND AND KEEP THREATING TO CALL HIS LAWYER.. ITS A HEADACHE IM SCARED BECAUSE HE HAS MY ADDRESS.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2013, 04:59 AM
    Let me get this straight. You sold someone a phone, then reported it as lost?

That's fraud! Maybe not against the buyer, but against your cell phone carrier.

If I were him I'd report it to the police. Expect a visit from them.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 16, 2013, 05:01 AM
    You belong in jail, dude.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 16, 2013, 05:15 AM
    What can he do? Anything he wants. He has your address, but I'll bet you don't have his, and don't much about him at all.
    Start wondering about every little flat tire and ding and strange noise and broken window and hack on your computer...

Depending on how busy your police and his police are, they might (hopefully) start investigating your past sales of phones for fraud like this.
    Give him his money back, if you have half a brain.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2013, 07:56 AM
    Life is just so unfair - you sell someone a phone report it as stolen, they can't use it and they get upset. Go figure.

And then you post on a public board that this is not the first time you've pulled this scam.

I'd stand next to the door with my toothbrush because I think where you're going they may not provide one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

90's alt rock band with a black dude and a white dude [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Im trying to think of a band that may only have two members. The lead sing is black with dreads I think and there is a white guy. I can picture them sitting in a diner or coffee shop as one of their videos or just pictures. They are 90s grunge/alt rock... please help me I am going nuts...

Find address by mobile number [ 1 Answers ]

Find address by mobile no

Address of who owns this property and what is her address and phone number [ 5 Answers ]

The property address is 2208 norton st rochester ny

Find address from Fed ID number [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to find an address or phone number from a Federal Identification Number.

View more questions Search