Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fairygirl029 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 02:49 AM
    What should I wear for the prom?
    So I don't know what dress colour I should wear for the next prom in July. I have a pale skin tone, chestnut brown eyes and dark brown hair. Can you suggest some suitable colours that match this description?? Please?? :confused:
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 20, 2007, 03:09 AM
    I have no idea, but if you search "Images" in Google, I'm sure you'll find lots of pictures of models wearing prom dresses - it should give you some inspiration.

There are also several websites that contain guides on which dress to wear - just do a Google search for "prom dress help".
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 01:01 PM
    I think you can pretty much wear any color. Here are a couple of web sites that should help you:

Prom-dresses.com - Prom Dresses 1

How to Choose Your Prom Dress for 2007 - Associated Content
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 01:40 PM
    I think red would be a wonderful color for her Jaws. Personally, I think it would be the best option.

But what about white, green, gold, black, pink? Depending on the style of the dress and the shade/color tone, she can get away with a lot more choices. One of the web sites I gave her has pictures of girls with her skin tone. There was a beautiful white and black dress that would work with her coloring. The other web site makes suggestions of style according to body size. She could find a red dress but if the style doesn't flatter her, it wouldn't look good. Style is an important factor in finding the right dress as well as color.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Mar 20, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Why don't you go with your taste? Choose something that you like from what's out there. It's also important that you try the dress on to see how it looks on you.

May it be red, blue, pink, etc... it's important that you like it.

Now, because you have pale skin tone, I only suggest that you stay away from black and white.

Mar 21, 2007, 12:48 AM
    If you're white, you can't go wrong with turquoise-blue, but it's also about the shape and cut of the dress - it may be the most beautiful dress in the world but if it doesn't suit your body-shape it will just look like a clown-suit.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 06:05 AM
    I think turquoise-blue is a beautiful color for her too.

Krystynn, you would be surprised at how sexy the right white dress with her skin tone would be. I am pale too and it actually helps keep me from looking washed out. I am not a big fan of yellow or orange colors for anyone, but again, it all depends on the shading and how the dress fits. I have seen some "orange" with a golden shimmer that was beautiful on a woman with fairygirl's coloring. I have also seen silvery tones that were gorgeous. Fairygirl needs to go to some shops in her area and try on different styles and colors, instead of asking others for their opinions. We all have our opinions and depending on her actual shading and body type, she won't know until she tries on dresses, what the appropriate color or style is.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 21, 2007, 06:07 AM
    The Duct Tape company sponsors a scholarship for anyone who makes a prom dress from Duct tape.

Just a suggestion that might stick (groan).
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Ack! Scott. You have been in rare form lately. LOL

Mar 21, 2007, 06:11 AM
    I've seen pics of duct-tape dresses and some of them look amazing! :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Actually I have seen pics too and it is amazing how creative these girls are. What about it fairygirl? Are you artistic or creative? Feel like making your own dress this year? It would save tons of money. :p
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 21, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Here's a link to the site:

Home of Duck brand Duct Tape's "Stuck at Prom" Scholarship Contest
    partycloz Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Hi,

First of all, you should check out if your school requires a dress theme or dress code, and whether it's formal or semi formal. Your appearance is pretty typical so anything would probably be OK. Go to the mall or a dress store to try something out. You can look at our site: 2007 Prom Dresses, Prom Gowns, Ball Gowns, Denver Colorado Dress Store for ideas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girl next door prom song [ 3 Answers ]

can anyone please tell me what song is playing on that movie the girl next door when they all walk into the prom. goes something like "im an outlaw" you can email me at with the answer. I'm new so not sure how this goes

Prom dress for red hair [ 14 Answers ]

This is my first time using this but here goes:confused: I have red hair, fair skin, blue eyes, and I don't like the way emerald looks on me Its my senior year and senior prom, but not my last because my boyfriends a sophomore, I went last year and wore a kind of bright blue dress and I liked...

Prom? [ 6 Answers ]

So here's the thing. I was moved up a grade due to my academic achievements So I transferred to PCHS. Why Ill never know but it was a good thing. Yeah, so this girl Haley and I have no classes together. But we sit with each other at lunch and we meet in the mornings. I would hate to lose her as a...

8th grade prom.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey.. well my 8th grade prom is coming up soon. I have no idea what kind of dress to get. Well I am like 5', 13 years old... and like 80-90 lbs. I need some major help. Does anyone know where I can find a nice dress? Thanks, jessica <33

I need Help picking out a prom dress color. [ 7 Answers ]

I honestly have no idea what color dress to wear to my 2007 senior prom. I'm 5'7, I have shoulder length black hair(its natural so its not that tacky bluish black color), blue eyes, and im PALE! Like, really pale. lol. I do not want black. your help is appreciated.:D

View more questions Search