piggrabb88 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2013, 09:15 AM
    Remote security camara signal boost
    My mini security camaras don't get a good signal. Is there any tricks or
    Signal boosting devices I can try
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2013, 09:22 AM
    If they have a detachable antenna you can upgrade to a better directional antenna. If they are in one direction you can get a better antenna on your receive side as well.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2013, 04:02 AM
    I experimented with my system (purchased at Sam's, not a professionally installed system). I ended up placing the small receiver/monitor in a central location reducing the distance to the individual wireless cameras (or maybe I should say- equalizing the distance to the cameras). I then run cable from the receiver/monitor to tv's which I use for actual monitoring from more than one location. This works well for me but if you want to use the small receiver/monitor that usually comes with these units as your only monitor, my method means that you may not be able to have that monitor located exactly where you want it. And once cable is plugged into those small monitors, the screen on the small monitor goes black so you have to do your monitoring on the TV (s). But I have one output from the small monitor going out to 3 TV's and there is plenty of power to handle that. Just depends on how you want to do your monitoring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote signal [ 2 Answers ]

I installed 2 identical ceiling fans in a new addition awhile back. I have since lost the installation instructions. They have a wall remote and both fans work off either remote. To pass the electrical inspection I need to make them work independently of each other. How do I change the signal...

Ceiling fan remote signal, again. [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 identical ceiling fans, both with an identical wall remote for the light and 3 fan speeds. When installed, each remote would work the fan it was wired to, light on and off, fan 3 speeds, on and off. If both control switches were 'on' each remote, when one was used the other fan responded...

Need to boost a wireless signal [ 3 Answers ]

Here is what I'm looking for, I can receive the wireless signal on my laptop but its very weak, what can I buy to boost the signal? What's best? Another access point or a repeater? Is it possible to get another wireless router and hook it up? Will it receive the signal and then boost it up to send...

How can I boost my Wireless Signal? [ 4 Answers ]

My Wireless Signal is 65% at the moment, but for complete satisfaction for my Nintendo Wii and Computer, I'd like it to be 80% or higher? Is there any way of doing this?

View more questions Search