Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catherinemcmill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2013, 02:48 AM
    Does the state of VA check for warrants if you apply for a state ID?
    I have a warrant for failure to appear on a silly misdemeanor. I am wondering if I get a state ID in VA, if I will be arrested. If so, should I go home to WV and get one or just buy a fake one on the internet. I just need one for check cashing and such... I do not drive, I do the subway
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2013, 03:10 AM
    If you go to the other state, you could be detained by police while they see if the other state will pay to have you bought back. You also can not legally get an ID in a state you do not actually reside

But yes it is possible that you would be arrested. But then you may also be arrested for fake ID if you buy one on internet.

What about, just taking care of the "silly" misdemeanor and then there is no issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support Bench Warrants, if they left the state, is it still valid out of state? [ 3 Answers ]

Has a few thousand $ warrant out, can they cross state lines or enforce it in the new state that he is in... Owes over 20grand... I know where he lives.

Can I apply for state id while I have a warrant in another state? [ 18 Answers ]

I have a warrant in another state but am about to head back to address it. I need to get an ID in Kansas so that I am able to fly back across the country to handle this. Will I have any problems at the DMV?

Can a person with bench warrants get a state ID in a different state? [ 6 Answers ]

The warrants are for misdemeanor offenses, and were issued after leaving the state in which they were issued. My friend cannot afford to go back to the original state (or even to come home if he gets extradited) but his ID is expired and he needs to get a new one in order to start a new job. Is...

If I visit another state.. will that state's laws apply to me or will mine? [ 1 Answers ]

For example, abortions may not be allowed in my state, but if I go to a state that does allow them, could they perform it on me or would they see what state I'm from and then deny me. Another example, the age to drink here is 21 but if I go to Mexico and the age is supposedly lower, would it be...

Taxes on inheritance apply to decedent's state law or beneficiary's state law [ 1 Answers ]

I have received several distribution's from my father's estate - life insurance, my share of an annuity, my share of sale of a vehicle and other equipment, and my share of a CD rolled over into the estate account. Since my father died in Kentucky, and I live in Iowa, which states's laws apply when...

View more questions Search