Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PJunkin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 07:07 AM
    Water Meter Malfunction?
    Hello,

I am having the same problem in Cambridge, Ontario - did you ever find a reason for this? I received a $2500 water bill for 902 cubic metres, which converts to 198,412 gallons.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 13, 2013, 07:29 AM
    Hi PJunkin and welcome to The Plumbing Page at ANHD.com. You're responding to a 4 year old dead threads so I gave you one of your own. Please check the date before you post. Thanks
    First off, have you checked for a hidden leak? To check to see if you have a hidden leak first shut down everything in the house, no flush, no drinks of water, and if you are on a meter go out and check the little pointer in the gage. It should not move or creep. It does you have a leak in your system. I would also call my Water Department to cone out and check the meter for a malfunction. Good luck and let us know. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Meter Malfunction [ 29 Answers ]

Help! Our private water company says we used 240,000 gallons of water in 30 days. We live in Phoenix, AZ (desert). There's no standing water on the ground, plumbers have verified we don't have any leaks, the meter was read correctly, we were home (just the 2 of us) all month so no-one stole the...

Analog water meter malfunction [ 8 Answers ]

I am in fl cntral,ihave plastickk metter,septic tank.shalow water sprinklers well,in house 3 person -me ,wife and 12 years old son-average water use is 6090 gal,but monthy use in past 12 month is from2850 to 12030 (four times more),but last use 30 780.00.I have not pool,jacuzzi!When every recivers ...

Water Meter Malfunction [ 13 Answers ]

In May of this year, our water association issued a bill for over 60,000 gallons of water, for one month. Our typical usage is 5,000 to 7,500 gallons. We complained and they came out to check a valve. The next month, the meter read over 70,000 gallons. We demanded that they replace the meter. ...

Possible meter malfunction? [ 13 Answers ]

Here's a puzzle. Recently received letter from water department asking if I had a new irrigation system. Average bill for Jan-June went from $82. To $582 for that period. Let them install new meter Jan 9. Here's the problem. House is shut up for the most part during that period and water to house...

View more questions Search