Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkms22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 09:08 PM
    Default on modular home
    I live in southern Calif. Our city has a program for 1st. Time buyers where they will lend you $15,000.00 toward your purchase of a home. I bought a mobile home and paid cash for the balance June 2012. Which only leaves me rent I pay for the space. I've lost my job. So I'm doing side jobs to get rent money together. Due on the 1st.of the month. I've paid every month, but I'm always 12-15 days late. I talked to the person that handles the city loans in (Dec. 2012). Letting her know I've been trying to get a job.I'm on line filling out applications. She was very nice, said she understood. She said nothing about putting me in default. Today (march 12, 2013) I have a notice of defualt on my door.City wants their loan paid back because of late rent payments. Do I have any options at this point?
    Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 11:15 PM
    Default is basically automatic, if you are late or non payment for a number of times, esp on government programs. It still does not mean they will not work with you, does not mean they will do other action, just means they are protecting their rights to do so.

So after getting the letter you went down and talked to them in person, and what did they say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My older modular home [ 2 Answers ]

My older modular home's furnace's pilot light goes out every time it is windy. Its impossible to relight it because of the strong draft that keeps blowing out the lighter. I did put on a chimney cap but it hasn't helped the problem. My area is very windy so this is a huge problem for me. What...

Selling a modular home [ 5 Answers ]

We owe more than the home is worth and want out what is the best way to do this without just foreclosing? By owner, through a realitor? We are not sure where to start.

Foreclosure on Modular Home on our Property [ 1 Answers ]

We have a modular home on our own property. It has been there for 10 years. We are letting them foreclose on the home and it is attached to really nice decks etc. We are told that they will come and get it and pull it out and it is our responsibility to take the decks that are attached to the...

Modular home furnace constantly on and off [ 1 Answers ]

We have a rather large modular home at 1800 sq ft. I don't know the name or model of the furnace, but I know it is 4 years old. It is rather skinny/tall unit that is in a closet behind a bifold door right in the middle of the house. The constant on and off this thing is already driving me crazy...

Modular home [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a bathroom ceiling light to work with my existing fan, the opening in the ceilling is 7.5" x 7.5" and will the existing wiring to the fan be OK to power up the light

View more questions Search