Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shannonshannonr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 06:33 PM
    Can I sue a insurance co
    My daughter was driving my suv she had a guy friend in my suv the boys girl friend saw them and started chasing them the boys girl friend tamed the back of my truck so my daughter speed up when she thought it was safe she pulled over to call911 when she did that the boys girl friend hits the back of my truck running about 45 on purpose
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 07:00 PM
    Call your insurance company. In fact, this might be a police matter -- deliberate and criminal damage to property. Or were the police called and they made a report? Others will weigh in here with more thoughts.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 06:01 AM
    What does this mean: "the boys girl friend tamed the back of my truck?"

Since your daughter was calling 911 when this happened did the police show up at the scene? Did they file a report? Did your daughter get the necessary insurance information from the other driver? Has she (or you) called your own insurance company yet to report the damage to your truck? But to answer your question - before suing the other person's insurance company (I assume that's what you meant by the title of your post) first call them and see what they have to say about repairing your vehicle. Or better yet - call your own insurance company and see how they can help you recover damages from the other driver's company.

Also, please use proper punctuation when posting questions and responses - writing without periods, commas, etc makes it very difficult to read.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 13, 2013, 06:24 AM
    Was your daughter under 25 and was she listed as another driver on your policy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 07:39 AM
    And you do not sue the insurance company, the sue the driver and perhaps driver and owner of the other vechile if they will not settle the claim. So have you contacted the other insurnace.company. But most people, just let their insurance pay, and then allow their insurance to sue the other person for the payment
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
    We need more info to advise you, so please answer the questions asked.

But, if the situation is that this other girl deliberately rammed your car will stopped, then its likely her insurance will not pay as it wasn't an accident.

In that case, you will have to sue the other driver (not her insurer) and I would also pursue assault charges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue both drivers insurance companies if I [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a 3 car accident a driver ran a red light and his car got hit by anothers car and that car hit me can I sue both policy holders insurance companies

Do I have the right to sue both insurance company? [ 6 Answers ]

My kids was riding in a car with someone and another car had hit them I want to sue both insurance but the car my kids was in there insurance said I can't sue them is that right

Can insurance sue me? [ 4 Answers ]

My father passed recently. He deeded me our home (where he also lived) a few years ago, but never switched the insurance into my name. Before he passed, he had a new roof placed on the home. I was told if insurance finds out that "I" was the home-owner, they could ask for the money back for the...

Can someone's private insurance sue,after my insurance settled with rentals insurer? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a accident in 2006 in California and I was at-fault. Woman at a red light turning right began to merge as she had plenty of time and space. She then stopped for some reason, as I began to attempt to merge looking over my left shoulder and saw a still safe opening I started to go and...

Not at fault, but no insurance, can I sue [ 7 Answers ]

I was in an accident in Ca. I was stopped at a 4 way stop, as it was my turn to go the person to my right did not stop and ran into me, the stop sign was down so he claims he didn't see it. Either way, I didn't have insurance, he had no insurance and a suspended licence, my car was totaled. I am...

View more questions Search