Ask
    pollyrandle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 12:01 PM
    Water softener
    I had my water softener replaced and now I have dirt in my water
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 03:48 PM
    Have the installer back to check the system. Make sure incoming water is on the "In side" and outgoing is on the "out" side. Not all softeners have the same sides for incoming and outgoing. If the new softener had in on left, but the old had in on right and visa versa, you will get resin (extremely small beads, easily confused for sand) in your water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water softener resin clogging water supply lines [ 1 Answers ]

We have a water softener that has a resin filter that has broken numerous times due to surges in water pressure. This time we didn't realize it had broken in time to bypass the softener and avoid getting resin in the lines again. We've already flushed the resin out of the 2 toilets and 2 sinks...

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Salt from water softener contaminated hot water pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Since I could not lift bags of salt to fill the container of my water softener, I just unplugged the softener instead of turning off the main valve; therefore, apparently the water continued to flow through the remaining salt until it was gone. In the last year, I have been through two brand new...

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

Hydrogen sulfide in water - due to water softener? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I've been trying to determine the source of a rotten eggs smell that was coming from our sinks and shower. At first I thought it was coming from the drains, and that it had to do with the septic system and/or plumbing pipes/vents. However, I have since determined that the source is the...

View more questions Search