Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bubbles2222345 Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Mar 12, 2013, 06:51 AM
    Work Woman
    I worked with a woman 11 yrs older. I have left the job and one of the reasons was she was talking behind my back with another work colleague. I got her the job there and she was all over me and although we all bantered she always seemed to take things a bit more seriously, mentioning she had noticed I had large breasts and that her boyfriend looked at her other friends breasts when they had a meal together. She kept inviting me up to her flat and I only went once as she was drinking a bit much and trying to touch my leg and pretending it was a joke. I since refused any offers of going up her flat or out. She has a friend she always sees who is a lesbian and told me this girl wanted a relationship with her.

The woman I work with has a boyfriend though. This is why I cannot understand her being like this with me. She's always ringing me up and is a big attention seeker all round. I wondered if I had ignored her if this was the reason why she started being a bit two faced at work? Maybe she did not like it. She says she misses me at work and has mentioned my body again although sometimes she has been drinking when she rings me. She says she's a friend but she does not act like one and she's annoying me keep ringing me when I do not want any sort of friendship with her but do not know how to say it? What's wrong with her?

The other woman at work was always looking at my body and she talked about me behind my back too. I showed them both friendship at the start so why have they been like this to me. I do not know what their problem was with me? Advice please?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 07:25 AM
    Does this have anything to do with this other question of yours?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/workpl...ry-732601.html

It just seems to me like you have an unusual amount of trouble at work. If this is a different job than the one in the other question, I wonder how this all came about so quickly. If it is the same job, then details were left out either here or in the other question. Details get you better answers as people can understand the situation better.

Mar 12, 2013, 09:03 AM
    My other question is to do with the same job. Firstly bear in mind I had no trouble with my boss until these women started working with me, so its obviously connected to them. The lady I got a job for as we were short staff answered an advert for the position she was not known to me at all previous to that. She was friendly, then started being too sexually friendly to me. I backed off when I found out she had a lesbian friend and also a boyfriend. She is also a big drinker and was slurring her speech when she phoned me up and started making too many calls to me. She seems to do anything to get peoples attention and even said to me that she thought my boss was going past her house sounding his car horn which I think is completely made up. I had a week off and when I went back things seemed to have changed meaning their attitude to me. There had been no arguments or outward aggression between us but when the third lady who worked with us had time off this woman I am talking about bad mouthed her too. That's why I am thinking that she is out to cause trouble. Anyway now I have left and want to move on from such people she keeps phoning me up asking me if I still want to keep in touch. I want to know why she's doing this? and acting this way to me? Since she's caused trouble I do not want to be friends with her, I do not want to be involved with people like this. I do not know what to say to her? I need advice as to how I stop her phoning me without having a stand up row about it? I can go on with more information but this is the general outline. Thanks. .
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 09:22 AM
    Block her phone calls and call a cop if she persist. I would ignore office gossip and just do my job. You can also file a complaint if you feel sexually harassed at work, if nothing else works. If as indicated in your other post you have quit, why is this still an issue?

I am confused by your posts, all three of them.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2013, 02:04 PM
    I agree with the answer by talaniman. Try ignoring this situation if you can. If not, call the Police when she calls you. You can also file a complaint at work, and need to, see a lawyer. I do wish you the best.

Mar 13, 2013, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Block her phone calls and call a cop if she persist. I would ignore office gossip and just do my job. You can also file a complaint if you feel sexually harrassed at work, if nothing else works. If as indicated in your other post you have quit, why is this still an issue?

I am confused by your posts, all three of them.
    I just still have the issue as the woman I worked with is phoning me and will not stop, this is why I am asking for help OK. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Does this have anything to do with this other question of yours?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/workpl...ry-732601.html

It just seems to me like you have an unusual amount of trouble at work. If this is a different job than the one in the other question, I wonder how this all came about so quickly. If it is the same job, then details were left out either here or in the other question. Details get you better answers as people can understand the situation better.
    I just wonder what is wrong with this woman as she keeps focusing her unwanted attention on me? Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 07:10 AM
    You have the power to stop her harassment, and unwanted attention, use it. There is nothing to understand, just chalk her up to being crazy, and remove her from your life.

Mar 13, 2013, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You have the power to stop her harrasment, and unwanted attention, use it. There is nothing to understand, just chalk her up to being crazy, and remove her from your life.
    Yes your right and I'm going to do that. Thank You.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 07:36 AM
    Also just because a women has a boyfriend, does not mean she does not like women also. I know dozens of women like that. I don't understand, why you don't understand, that she is interested sexually and that this is sexual harassment on the job.

Mar 15, 2013, 06:25 AM
    When we were working together she told me a lot of things and I just think she would have told me even to shock me to get attention. It made me feel quite ill and I just got angry inside thinking, does she really think I am going to fancy her or something? Im only interested inmen. And then when the other woman I worked with started looking at my body I just could not believe it? Why me? But yes I do understand what your saying and yes it is harassment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband has a son with another woman. Can we make this work? [ 3 Answers ]

I met my husband when I was 18. He later told me he found out he was having a son with another woman who he didn't want to build a relationship with. He cried to me and said he wanted to know if WE can get through it and if we can still start a strong relationship. I agreed not knowing what I was...

Can a Philippine woman come to the US on a work visa? [ 14 Answers ]

I have been talking to a Philippine woman for over 6 months now, she is very poor and wants to work in the US, there is no work in the area where she lives. I would like to bring her here to the USA and hier her as a live in housekeeper, can this be done? I am 50yrs old, not married, and have a big...

Do OPKs work for all woman trying to detect their surge? [ 14 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old female and my husband and I have been trying for the past couple of months to get pregnant with no success yet. I have been buying OPKs to try and predict my most fertile days, but not once, in the past two months of testing, has the ovulation sticks told me I have been...

Housework was woman's work [ 2 Answers ]

LOL This reminded me of a thread we had not long ago . . . Housework was woman's work, but one evening, Jenny arrived home from work to Find the children bathed, one load of clothes in the washer and another in the dryer. Dinner was on the stove, and the table set. She was astonished! ...

View more questions Search