Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tami2013 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 10:09 PM
    I am trying to find my dad whom I never met.
    My name is Tami I'm 28 and I'm trying to find my dad but the problem is I only know his first and last name and the state and county in which I was conceived.

My mom tells me his name is Brad Johnson (which is a very common name) and that he was a truck driver at that time. I just want to find him to basically get closure on why he was never there and for him to know he has grand kids. Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction?
    missykayeallen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 06:26 PM
    I found my dad in Feb. 2012 after 36 years and I found him on Facebook. I only had his name and town and so I looked through several Facebook profiles and messaged them until he answered me back. Good Luck!

Mar 12, 2013, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missykayeallen View Post
    I found my dad in Feb. 2012 after 36 years and I found him on Facebook. I only had his name and town and so I looked through several Facebook profiles and messaged them until he answered me back. Good Luck!
    I tried that one but it didn't really get me any where because I have no clue where he would be living now or how old he is nothing. But thank you for the reply
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 08:05 PM
    This is like finding a needle in the pacific ocean. Without more info it will be next to impossible to find your father. Does your mother not know his date of birth? Even with the date of birth it would be hard, but with just a first and last name, especially such a common name, you'll need a miracle.

I would suggest a P.I. but even a P.I. would have trouble with this one.

Good luck.

Mar 12, 2013, 08:05 PM
    I had to of been conceived roughly around may or June of 1984 and was born march 1985 in eau Claire wi( I don't know how much this will help but its all I have) and I can't afford a pi at this time
    Pets Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tami2013 View Post
    I had to of been conceived roughly around may or June of 1984 and was born march 1985 in eac Claire wi( idk how much this will help but its all I have) and I can't afford a pi at this time
    When and where you were born, won't really help. Where and when he was born would give you a chance at finding him. With the info you have now, you'd literally have to accidentally stumble across him. I'm sorry to say, but it really would be a miracle with the limited info you have.

Mar 12, 2013, 08:11 PM
    She says she don't know his birth date or even how old he is she gets very mad when I ask about him and says all she remembers is his first and last name. I'm guessing he was around my moms age and she is now going on 63 so he is probably around the same age
    Pets Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 08:19 PM
    She says she don't know his birth date or even how old he is she gets very mad when I ask about him and says all she remembers is his first and last name. I'm guessing he was around my moms age and she is now going on 63 so he is probably around the same age
    Again, without his date of birth you have very little chance of finding him. Guessing he's around 63 won't help. Heck, even with his d.o.b. it will be difficult to find him, but that would at least be a start. With just his name, and a guesstimate of his age, you won't get anywhere.

I'm sorry, but there's really nothing anyone on this site can do. You'd have more luck consulting a psychic than trying to find him with only a first and last name.

I wish you all the best.

Good luck.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 08:29 PM
    Too many years have gone by and you certainly don't want to disrespect your mother by pursuing this. Plus, he has never looked for you, and probably has no idea you even exist. Back then, it was a whole different world from now if a girl got pregnant outside of marriage. It became a huge secret with as few people knowing about it as possible. If I were you, I would drop this search, mostly because you just don't have much information.

Mar 12, 2013, 08:40 PM
    Thank you everyone for your in put I will just have to start asking everyone who knows my mom if they know anything maybe just maybe that will get me some where I will let everyone know the out come
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 08:43 PM
    You do realize your mom may have given you a name that was not really his name. I think your mom trumps and will take this secret to the grave (unless she eventually caves in). Only she knows who it was and, like I said, he may not even have known a baby had been started.

Mar 12, 2013, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You do realize your mom may have given you a name that was not really his name. I think your mom trumps and will take this secret to the grave (unless she eventually caves in). Only she knows who it was and, like I said, he may not even have known a baby had been started.
    I have thought of that and that is why I'm saving money to do a sibbling test with my older sister who I look a lot like I would ask her dad to do a DNA test but can't because he recently passed away so a sibbling test is my only option when it comes to that
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 08:53 PM
    I have thought of that and that is why I'm saving money to do a sibbling test with my older sister who I look a lot like I would ask her dad to do a DNA test but can't because he recently passed away so a sibbling test is my only option when it comes to that
    Remember, you and that sib have your mother in common, so there will be a match. You need her father's DNA to check against.

Mar 12, 2013, 08:57 PM
    Remember, you and that sib have your mother in common, so there will be a match. You need her father's DNA to check against.
    that's the one thing I have been looking into you do need a parent in common but seeing how we are seeing how we are trying to figure out if its here dad we have in common we have to do the test with our mom because she is the known common parent and it would tell us if we were full or half siblings
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 08:59 PM
    that's the one thing I have been looking into you do need a parent in common but seeing how we are seeing how we are trying to figure out if its here dad we have in common we have to do the test with our mom because she is the known common parent and it would tell us if we were full or half siblings
    Your mom will give you saliva for a DNA test?

Mar 12, 2013, 10:25 PM
    I have not asked her yet I plan on asking her soon I'm Hopi she will and knowing my mom she will to prove she ain't lying
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 11:24 PM
    I have not asked her yet I plan on asking her soon I'm Hopi she will and knowing my mom she will to prove she ain't lying
    Lying about what?

Mar 13, 2013, 08:01 PM
    Lying about what?
    that my older sister and I may have the same dad she
    Says there is no way but we look almost identical and I look nothing like the rest of my siblings except for my older brother who also has the same dad as my sister
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 08:11 PM
    that my older sister and I may have the same dad she
    Says there is no way but we look almost identical and I look nothing like the rest of my siblings except for my older brother who also has the same dad as my sister
    She isn't necessarily lying. Your mother may be confused on the conception time if she was involved with another man at the same time, then thinking he was your father.

Mar 13, 2013, 08:13 PM
    I'm not saying she is lying that is what she says when I ask her about it she says there is no way she ain't a lier is what she says

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's time my 15 year old daughter met her bio dad [ 4 Answers ]

It's time for my 15 year old to meet her bio dad. She has never known him and he has never seen her. I do not want to go into what all transpired 16 years ago, except to say that both of us were not very nice people when we drank alcohol. Daughter is having some behavioral problems currently. ...

How do I find my family I never met? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for my family my father is raymon Quinones and I'm looking for Quinones relitives and I'm am also looking for waldone relitives my grandmothers maiden name is Jessica waldone she married into the Ocasio family after her late husband Riner

I never met my dad [ 11 Answers ]

Yea hi my name is roman victor flroes and I am looking for my father I just turned eighteen about a month ago and I'm going on about 6 years trying to find him... my mom won't tell me she's really not educated she was raised in mex and doesn't understand certain things... but yea I know he was in...

How do I find grand mother I've never met? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm looking for Odessa Reed, my grandmother. She was 15 when my father was born. She was raised in Yazoo MS, Reed may or may not be her last name now, but her last known address was somewhere in New Orleans, LA. She would be about 87 now, and I pray I find her, set eyes on her before she passes....

View more questions Search