Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wag56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 12:10 PM
    Hippa at work
    My daughter was out of work and in the hospital. Her manager told an emloyee in another business what was wrong with my daughter without her permission.
    Isn't this a violation of her privacy?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 11, 2013, 12:12 PM
    Privacy, possibly, HIPPA, no.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2013, 12:26 PM
    HIPAA protects patients from having their medical diagnosis and treatment revealed by a medical practitioner to a third party without their permission.

Your daughter's manager was not providing her with medical care was he? I assume he found out from your daughter.

Which this may have been a breach of privacy and ethics, it has nothing to do with HIPAA and is probably not actionable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work privacy, HIPPA, ADA [ 6 Answers ]

I am a federal employee. I had an accident at work. My injury has caused me to be out of work and be placed on a continuation of pay for 45 days, and then be placed on a leave without pay status (for the past 10 weeks). I started to talk with my supervisor to return to work. My supervisor asked...

Cameras with sound are installed in the work place where the HIPPA law is enforced [ 3 Answers ]

Cameras with sound are installed in the work place where the HIPPA law is enforced. Is that in violation of the HIPPA law?

Is dating a patient where I work a hippa violation [ 5 Answers ]

I worked as a preauthorization coordinator for a pain clinic. A male patient and I started communicating on Facebook and by text messaging. We went out 1 time. I told him I was not interested in him and to take care. I made the mistake of sending him a text message today.. which said "Hey, aren't...

HIPPA Violation and work note [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I was in the emergency room. I asked for a work note and was given one with the date and time I was seen when I could return to work and my diagnosis. My employer attempted to verify this note and called the ER where I was seen. They gave him the same information that was on the note. ...

View more questions Search