Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bruce0002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Upstairs shower leaking ceiling below
    I have an upstairs shower(tub) leaking on downstairs ceiling. Opened the downstairs ceiling I see the water come down the outside of the fiberglass all-in-one only when the shower is used. I cannot see where the leak is from the top (removed faucet cover I can't see any water)
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 11, 2013, 10:02 AM
    Pull the escutcheon around the shower arm away from the wall and look in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upstairs shower leaking to downstair ceiling [ 6 Answers ]

My upstairs shower has tiled floor and walls. Water leaked to the downstair ceiling. It didn't happen all the time. It happened twice so far. Both time happened when the shower was being used for more than 20-30 minutes. A plumber came and couldn't find anythng wrong. A contractor came and...

Upstairs shower leaking to 1st floor ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

I have the same issue, but I noticed the sealer at the base of the shower(where it meets the wall) is peeling away exposing a small crack. Since it is a small crack, hopefully a litte dab of sealer will fix this.

How to fix a leaking pipe between the ceiling & upstairs shower [ 12 Answers ]

I found a leak from the hot water pipe from the shower upstairs. How do I fix it and how to cut out the ceiling sheetrock? This is driving me crazy trying everything until now found the problem.

Upstairs shower leaking through to ceiling? [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a flipped property about a year and a half ago, and, as I had feared, issues are starting to crop up. The first one we just had taken care of yesterday - there was no pressure regulator installed, and so we had 95 psi coming into the house. Unfortunately, I think Problem One may have...

Upstairs shower leaking to 1st floor ceiling [ 14 Answers ]

My upstairs shower is leaking to 1st floor ceiling. Below is my troubleshooting: * I tested by not using the shower for awhile, leak stopped so I know it's not from water line. * I had water going directly to drain pipe, no leak so I know it's not the pipes under the floor. * I took drain cover...

View more questions Search