Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    empressi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 06:05 AM
    I got fired because another employee stole prescription meds from me
    I got fired because another employee who also is the daughter of the book keeper at the location I worked at, stole my prescription medication out of my purse and is now facing criminal charges.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2013, 06:20 AM
    Hello e:

It's unfair, but unless you're protected by an employment contract or union, your job is "at will". That means they can fire you for ANY reason, or NO reason at all.. But, they can't LIE in order to do it.

excon
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 11, 2013, 08:18 AM
    So after reading this I wonder how it is that you came to be fired because someone stole from you?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Probably because she had prescription drugs in her possession. Or in retaliation for reporting it to the police.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 11, 2013, 08:35 AM
    You see though, that is where I'm unclear. If they were her prescription, why would she not be allowed to have them? I have had prescription meds with me at work before. The retaliation part, well, that makes more sense. I was just wondering if there was more to this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can GA Dept of Corrections probation not allow you to take your prescription meds? [ 1 Answers ]

I had back surgery an they don't want me to take my prescribed medication an I hurt so bad! What can I do?

Can you take prescription meds on probation? [ 3 Answers ]

I have Adhd, bi-polor disorder, serious anxiety, panic attacks, and severe depression. I may posibly be on probation for a good bit of time... maybe years. Will I be allowed to take my medications while on probation if I am convicted of a drug offense?

Can a Judge make me come off my legal prescription meds [ 3 Answers ]

I am on probation and originally was sentenced to serve 6 months in jail (4 1/2 with automatic "good time") followed by a six month residential program. The Judge allowed me 2 weeks to turn myself in to the jail to begin serving my sentence. Ten (10) days after sentencing I was hospitalized. The...

Prescription Meds and Probation/PTS in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been searching on the gray area of taking prescription medication, while on probation. Actually, I'm in PTS or pretrial services. I found on this site, where an ex-PO said that they can't technically interfere with your doctors legal prescription. In short, I would really like to...

Been dating a woman on 2 prescription meds! (any experience with this?) [ 8 Answers ]

I am taking a break from a relationshiop that has been very good and also tough recently. Anyone ever been on meds or dated someone on Lexapro and Topamax. Previously paxil. She has been dealing with depression and still echoes of a 2 year old divorce. And the topamax is for migraines...

View more questions Search