Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaydt99 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 05:44 AM
    Hot water not working
    Hi I have 3 bathrooms and I get hot water in all the 3 sinks, but I don't get hot water in the 3 shower only warm water comes out. Why can that be. Can you please help me.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 11, 2013, 06:00 AM
    Temperature (anti-scald) adjustment. What kind of valve?

Mar 11, 2013, 06:06 AM
    We're do I found the valve.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 11, 2013, 06:10 AM
    Sounds like you might have a cross connection inn your system. Are the three showers being fed off from one supply? Back to you, Tom

Mar 11, 2013, 06:34 AM
    I guessing only one. Is it from the water heater

Is hard for me to say because I'm in Florida and my house is in New Jersey.

Can you please help me. The shower only gets warm water in all 3 bathrooms and in the sinks at I get hot waters. What can it be?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2013, 11:11 PM
    Hello Jaydt,

If you tell us the type of your valves we be able to tell what to do. Because every valve have different cartridge and different adjustment

Is this a new problem or you had it for long time?

Is any plumbing work done in the house?

Any information will be helpful, Thanks.

John
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 05:27 AM
    Jaydt99

The "valve" refers to the shower valve itself. Here, there should be an adjustment to regulate the temperature UNDER THE HANDLE of the shower valve... it could also be under the trim plate that surrounds the shower valve. Most tub or tub/shower valves are required to be regulated to a temperature not to exceed 115F... perhaps yours have been regulated lower or it may be that your water heater needs to be turned up.

Remove the handles and see if you can find a geared mechanism to regulate the temp... rotate the gear to increase/decrease. If you have a Symmons shower valve the temperature is adjusted via a flat head screw under the trim plate.

Start there and let us know if that fixes the issue.

Mark
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 05:44 AM
    I'm in Florida and my house is in New Jersey
    Calling a plumber would probably be cheaper than the air fare, then again maybe not.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 12, 2013, 11:17 AM
    I'm in Florida and my house is in New Jersey
    Greetings from Sarasota,
    Keep Florida green, spend lots of $ and address the problem when you get back home. Have a great vacation, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

Hot water not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have hot water running everywhere but my kitchen sink and the cold water runs everywhere... I checked under the trailor and there are no breaks in the line that I could see and we seem to have the same water pressure we had before... any answers or solutions would be greatly appreciated... thx

Water froze up then after unfroze hot water stop working [ 2 Answers ]

Back in winter time water frozed up and after pipes thawed out we discovered that a pipe was busted.we fixed the pipe and the hot water in bathroom stop working. Hot water works fine in kitchen but the hot water in bathroom sink in shower doesn't even comes on.

Hot water not working [ 1 Answers ]

I went to turn the shower on by using the hot water knob and the water didn't come on. When I turned the cold one it came on with no problem. The hot water is working everywhere else around the house

No hot water - hot water heater and cold working [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! Its freezing out and we have NO hot water! Cold is working fine everywhere - but nothing comes out of the hot side anywhere. The hot water heater appears to be working? Did the hot water pipes freeze? Why the hot side and not the cold? Please help.

View more questions Search