Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannny888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2013, 07:05 PM
    Can I still conceive a girl if I ate salt and had an energy drink before ovulation?
    I am extremely worried. I've been trying for a girl, doing all the girl diet things, dairy, magnesium etc etc. I had ovulation pains for four days straight then it and the mucus disappeared so I thought it was safe to say ovulation had passed... so I had an energy drink and ate some salty food I had been craving. Then egg white mucus appeared out of nowhere! Have I stuffed it all up and I would have conceived a boy today? (I last had sex 4.5 days ago) Hopefully the boys were all dead by now!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2013, 07:11 PM
    There are no "girl diet things." I have no idea who you are listening to or what you are reading, but there is no way to get a particular sex.

What boys are dead??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2013, 02:31 AM
    This is a joke ? Right ? Boy things dead? You have no idea what and how pregnancy happens do you ?

There is no truth to any of what you said, please get real facts. There is no way to make it a girl or boy,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2013, 03:08 AM
    I beg to differ. There is a way to control the sex of a child. Through gene control technology and forced fertilization.

But other than that, there is no way to kill the "boys" (I assume you mean sperm) and leave only the girls viable. In fact, any such diet issues is more likely to prevent conception at all.

Please talk to your OB/Gyn and get the facts rather than listening to whomever you are listening to.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 11, 2013, 05:04 AM
    Although which sperm fertilizes the egg determines the XX or XY, a fetus in the first weeks has no anatomic or hormonal sex. Specific genes induce gonadal differences, which produce hormonal differences, which cause anatomic differences. So some babies are born male with female genitalia and some are born female with male genitalia, and some have both.

You can try Dr. Shettles technique for timing, but there is no scientific proof. At least it's harmless, because to get a girl you just have sex when you are NOT likely to be ovulating.

There are now sperm-sorting and even more advanced ways to upset the balance of nature.

Look what has happened in China, where the one-child rule has resulted in mothers aborting females to get the one desired male child, and now there is a huge deficit in girls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boxer puppy is in heat and hasn't ate or drink any water [ 1 Answers ]

She has lost weight I can see her ribs she also has runny bowl movements and has thrown up is something wrong with her

Tell timing between 2 intercourse at the time of ovulation period to conceive boy? [ 2 Answers ]

How much timing should be their between two intercourse at the time of ovulation period to conceive boy?

Trying to conceive and had sex while ovulation but now feel like I'm having my period [ 3 Answers ]

What am I doing wrong? It might be implantation bleeding but is heavy and not spotting.

Trying to conceive after miscarriage, no luck.. Confused, ovulation predictiors? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, my husband and I have been trying to conceive ever since we lost our first baby on may 17 of this year at 6 weeks, 3 days, and with no luck so far. We got pregnant on the first try when we did conceive our angel baby, which a understand wasn't exactly the most common thing when...

5 hour energy drink [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering, around 6 pm I took half of a 5 hour energy drink shot, I didn't feel any energy, I completely forgot I took it, I drank a can of coca cola around 730, is that unhealthy? my hands are really red around my knuckles but its also freezing so I don't know if its from that.

View more questions Search