Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 11:20 AM
    I was googling for "who can tell me about regency era regimental gorgets" and this was one of the sites. The other site was an antique armour forum. Neither could answer my questions, but I am addicted to AMHD anyway!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Yup I was looking for a Movie "Bagdad Cafe" couldn't find an answer anywhere, and it was driving me crazy. I searched on Google for Movie Trivia and this popped up in one of the searches... I have been hooked ever since, and have made some nifty friends in the process.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Somebody unhappy with another site posted a question about other sites, and somebody mentioned AMHD. In general I consider it unethical to promote one site on a competitive one.

There were dog questions here I could help with. I also saw many other Home and garden questions I could give a better answer to. As we have added new members, I am answering fewer questions outside dogs. I now mostly leave them for those knowing more than me. I mostly jump in when I see a bad answer. Three other people beat me to it when somebody posted in electrical that aluminum wasn't a conductor. I hope the OP didn't leave in disgust.
    Alioop Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 09:46 PM
    I "googled" a question I had.. a concern of my own and found it.. Raynefreak how did you happen upon it??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 09:50 PM
    I had been a member of another Q&A site that is imploding, so I joined the other rats who were leaving a sinking ship to hop on board this ship.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Like most other people, I found it through Google :)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 10:15 PM
    I work many many hours at my computer and I was upset over a real estate transaction and I typed in real estate questions and here I am, Spending working and non working hours on here. I hope my empathy for humans and animals have helped someone. I try to be kind:), but sometimes I do get a little riled up . :(
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 02:30 AM
    Google :)
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Jun 19, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Interesting, it seems this site was found by accident for most of the people who responded, including me! I was looking up anything to help get my mind in a better place about the loss of a friend. I was googling quotes that were inspirational or related to grief and poems. All of a sudden I saw this link and after I checked it out, I had to reach out for some help. My first post was really difficult for me. (How do I manage this existence) I got so much feedback, support, and even found some friends. It has been my saving grace because I can't talk to people I know about everything. (Long story) Weird enough, I have never been in a chat room or anything, so this really was my first experience with talking to strangers. They have come to be a support system that I count on more than my own friends, is that weird??
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Jun 19, 2007, 12:14 PM
    It came up on Google when I was looking for a question about pregnancy. I love it and get on it as offen as I can to read and reply peoples questions. I LOVE IT!

:) :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 19, 2007, 12:19 PM
    As I recall I was invited to participate when the original AskMe.com closed. A few sites contacted me asking me to take a look at their offerings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Folks from the old AskMe.com [ 11 Answers ]

For kicks, I went to archive.org and looked at the "top ten" list for askme.com in 2000. Of course ScottGem and Fr_Chuck were consistently on the list. I wondered if any of you know what happened to some of the others. I did some googling on a few of them and did not find any under the same...

Some folks got it all! [ 2 Answers ]

http://tinyurl.com/yxewot

Is there a way to find where a site is hosted [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Just wanted to know if there is a way to find out where a particular website is hosted(I mean the hosting company). I am trying to figure our which hosting company can handle my website based on what similar companies are using. Thanks Srujan

Attn:oldskoolpartykidz: its going to be a fine night tonight... help me find this! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all.....this would be my fiirst post to this site. any tips are welcomed....okay....so here it goes.....i have a cd which is from back in my party stompin days, and has this lovely little song on it. every time i hear it i can just see in my mind, my friend twigGy doing a beautiful dance. the...

View more questions Search