Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptwob348 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2013, 11:19 AM
    Why does my computer not hook up to my monitor?
    I had a computer for about a year, and one day it stopped projecting onto my monitor. The computer starts up (even has a light), and stays on, but the screen shows nothing. I've tried multiple cables.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 10, 2013, 11:21 AM
    The monitor or the graphics card is bad. Try a different monitor and see if that works. If not, the graphics card is bad in the computer.
    rodzillaj3 Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Mar 11, 2013, 04:12 AM
    If you are able to, try hooking it up to another monitor or TV even and see if it gives you the same problem. If it doesn't, then the new monitor must have some setting or resolution it can't handle coming from the PC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to hook up a Panasonic WJ-5500 SEG - why does picture on monitor keep rolling ? [ 2 Answers ]

CATEGORY - TELEVISION... I am building a video mixing console for remote, 2 camera video recording jobs, using a Panasonic WJ-5500B SEG. When I plug in composite video from a camcorder (video out)... the output of the SEG produces constant rolling on the monitor screen.. . Do you think that I need...

Can I hook up my desktop tower to my laptop for a monitor? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to hook up my desktop tower to my laptop to use my laptop as a monitor.

Computer monitor as TV monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my desktop monitor with a larger, wide screen type. Is there a way I can use my old monitor (flat screen) as a television monitor? Is there a cable available to make the transition from a tuner or vcr to the monitor? Is there another device needed to make the transition? Thank...

Trying to use a computer monitor as a TV [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Samsung lcd monitor I would like to use as a TV there are rca and s video hook ups as well as a serial port. I am trying to find some sort of adapter to allow a connection from a regular coax cable. I tried an RF converter with no luck. Any sugestion? Thanks

Can I Hook up camera to monitor direct? [ 2 Answers ]

I was told that I can hook up a computer camera direct to the monitor with out using a computer. Is this true? I want to put a camera outside my door & leave it on to monitor my front door at all times. Do I need to hook it up to my computer or can I have live feed into a monitor or how can I do...

View more questions Search