Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    severson0914 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2013, 10:16 AM
    11 Month Old Child Sick
    My 11 Month old child is sick. I am not sure if I should be taking him into the Dr's or if there is something that I can do, or if I just need to let it so his body does what it needs to do. My child has been thowing up at least once a day for the last 5 days and he has had dierrhea. I am not sure what to do about this situation.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 10, 2013, 10:47 AM
    He needs the doctor... more likely the ER. Throwing up and diarrhea will cause dehydration... not good.
    severson0914 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2013, 11:46 AM
    We have been giving him water and pydea lite to try and keep him hydrated. Were also waiting to hear back from the Dr, to see what they would like us to do in this situation.
    angie21hernande Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Most likely it is the stomach flu, my 11mth daughter had it not long ago. The Dr will tell you to do pedylite and to avoid formula if you give her formula, there is not much they can do, it is something the body figths and it takes about 7 days:( If you have introduce solids try the BRAT diet: banana, rice, apple, toast it really does work. Hang in there :) it will soon be over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Been sick for over a month [ 2 Answers ]

OK for over a month now I have had light spotting and my stomach has been hurting almost too much to even get out of bed. I have been getting headaches and the stomach pain comes and goes. I am tired ALL the time, no matter how much I sleep. I am sore all over the place, and I will be so hungry,...

Sick 1 month old [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 month old with a stuffed up nose what can I do for her

Sick 8 month old [ 5 Answers ]

Myself and my step-son have had the flu for a good few day's now and now my little boy has it too. He has almost thrown up everything that he has had since Thursday morning, bottles and solids. He woke up at 1:30am this morning and it is now nearly 4:30am, he still hasn't slept, he's very grizzly...

I have custody of my kids 1 month - do I have to pay child support for said month? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I live in separate states. In our divorce agreement, he gets custody of the kids 90% of the time and I do 10% of the time. This ends up being one month out of the summer that I get them. Am I obligated to pay him child support for this one month that I have them, and, if so, how...

5 month old sick all the time [ 7 Answers ]

I've got a five month old son who even 2 hours after a feed is being still being sick all over the place. The only time he's not sick is the feed before I lay him down for bed. He also suffers from excema. We are at the end of our tethers we just don't know what to do. Any help and advise will be...

View more questions Search