Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgatt99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 01:56 PM
    Harley Davidson Troubleshooting
    I have a 09 HD Standard Road King. I just changed the batteries in the FOB'S. Now it starts,but it seems their in no fuel getting through.
    The bike sat for over a year while I was out of the countries.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 02:06 PM
    Was there gas in it while it sat?

Carbs are probably crapped up from gas and they need to be removed and cleaned out.

Try new gas first but I doubt that will solve the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley davidson troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 heritage softail, 80 cu inch evo. The bike is losing power, backfiring, blowing air from the carb and stalling. Changed the plugs, wires and air filter. Thoughts? Thank you, Anthony

Harley Davidson Troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

2001 heritage softail Runs for 10 minutes then complete ele. Failure. Sits for 5 minutes then starts up and goes again for another 10 minutes. I did this 8 times before I got it home?? The fuel gauge sticks as well as the speedometer. When turned off after a few minutes I turn on the ignition...

Harley davidson troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

No spark for my 2000 HD road king. Everything else seems fine. It was intermitant, and when I had spark it fired right up. I had my head down low when I turned off the ignition and the is a funny electrical type noise that continues for a couple of seconds.

Harley davidson troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

99 883 will start and run fine. After it is warm it won't start up

Harley davidson troubleshooting? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1993 evo motor making a loud tapping noise when engine is warmed up, no performance loss or smoke

View more questions Search